+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Visa Office

sksk

May 14, 2014
hi there,
Sharing timeline for my brother's study permit application for the Jan 2023 intake (non-SDS) from Kuwait (holding a Pakistani passport)
  • College applied for: Langara College, BC
  • Program: Computer Studies Diploma
  • Application submitted: 11th Oct 2022
  • Biometrics: 16th Oct 2022
  • No updates in between and we didn't enquire too as we were skeptical that the response won't come anytime soon (don't know when the eligibility of background was completed)
  • Correspondence letter: 16th November 2022
  • PPR: 16th November 2022 (Processing office: Abu Dhabi)
I'll be happy to answer questions if any :)
If you don't mind, please share your profile.
do you work in uae?
Age?

sksk

May 14, 2014
Why upfront medical? A medical exam is not required for UAE applicants if lived in UAE for more than 6 months. It is required only if requested during application review, which is rare.
I submitted my application through an agent and they lodged the visa in Colombo embassy. Sri lanka mostly they submit upfront medical. I wasn't aware its not necessary in UAE. So i did it anyway.

UU JH

Oct 31, 2022
I submitted my application through an agent and they lodged the visa in Colombo embassy. Sri lanka mostly they submit upfront medical. I wasn't aware its not necessary in UAE. So i did it anyway.
ok, then medical is required.

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
My mom and brother applied in march and we still havent heard anything! This is absurd
March 9: Application submitted
March 21: Biometrics received

currently under consideration and no updates since. We raised a couple of webforms and have not heard anything useful. What is the best course of action? Is this a problem specific just to the AbuDhabi office?

• Sad
Reactions: EssKay1234

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My mom and brother applied in march and we still havent heard anything! This is absurd

currently under consideration and no updates since. We raised a couple of webforms and have not heard anything useful. What is the best course of action? Is this a problem specific just to the AbuDhabi office?
For study permits? This thread is for international students.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022

well I honestly hate VO abu dhabi. They are the slowest of all.

here_123

Dec 27, 2022
Hi,

I applied for Student permit (Comp Sc diploma) from KUWAIT too. My intake is Jan 23 and am still waiting for Student permit approval.
My question is, I am currently in Dubai for a few days, so should I wait here and submit my passport directly to VFS Abu Dhabi, so that I don't lose more time for courier of passport.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Hi,

I applied for Student permit (Comp Sc diploma) from KUWAIT too. My intake is Jan 23 and am still waiting for Student permit approval.
My question is, I am currently in Dubai for a few days, so should I wait here and submit my passport directly to VFS Abu Dhabi, so that I don't lose more time for courier of passport.
Hi, so it depends on the progress of your application. Did you recieve an update on your application and did the college ask you to defer or are they still waiting on your decision? Either way it doesnt take much time to transfer passport from Kuwait to Dubai.

Zzzgen

Sep 21, 2022
Hi all,

I have submitted my study permit application for the UAE on 28th December. Biometrics completed and updated on Jan 3, 2023.

Any idea what is the current wait time for results?

here_123

Dec 27, 2022
Hi all,

I have submitted my study permit application for the UAE on 28th December. Biometrics completed and updated on Jan 3, 2023.

Any idea what is the current wait time for results?
Yeah, my biometrics were completed and updated Nov 13, still waiting for Passport request.