+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About upfront medical exam, I need some help! please help me

dujw

Jul 4, 2011
Hi all,

I meet some problems, please give me some advices,

My mom is going to do a surgery the end of this month, so I am planning to flight back to take care of her for few weeks. I am April 2014 applicant, since my application put on the second review, I did not get my MR yet. My question is,

Can I plan to do the upfront medical exam before I leave Canada, or it is better to wait for the Medical Request from VO? Since I am the only go back to home, my husband will stay in Canada. If I received the MR during I am in China, could my husband and me do the medical in different country?

I also call the CIC, the agent said it is my chose to do the upfront medical exam or not.

I really need the help, and thanks all of you guys

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Simple Mate - just go and do upfront medical, what's stopping you?
Although your application is on send review just take this as a good medical check up!!!

dujw said:
Hi all,

My mom is going to do a surgery the end of this month, so I am planning to flight back to take care of her for few weeks. I am April 2014 applicant, since my application put on the second review, I did not get my MR yet. My question is,

Can I plan to do the upfront medical exam before I leave Canada, or it is better to wait for the Medical Request from VO? Since I am the only go back to home, my husband will stay in Canada. If I received the MR during I am in China, could my husband and me do the medical in different country?

I also call the CIC, the agent said it is my chose to do the upfront medical exam or not.

dujw

Jul 4, 2011
Amisnic said:
Simple Mate - just go and do upfront medical, what's stopping you?
Although your application is on send review just take this as a good medical check up!!!
Hi dear,

The CIC call centre sometimes that really make me disappointing. The agent said that wait for the MR request from the VO, and if I wanna do the upfront medical, it is my choice. It sounds like if it happens something wrong, it will be all my fault.

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Do you know whats the reason for second review. You can know the reason form GCMS notes. Did you ordered GCMS notes. It takes 1 month. If you find reason is simple and can be handled during second review then i would say gohead and do medicals and Pay RPRF also. I would speed ur application and moreover you can plan anywhere until you get passport request.

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
dujw said:
Hi dear,

The CIC call centre sometimes that really make me disappointing. The agent said that wait for the MR request from the VO, and if I wanna do the upfront medical, it is my choice. It sounds like if it happens something wrong, it will be all my fault.
Hi dujw, so many people did upfront medical in this forum including myself. there is no problem in doing upfront medical exam. by the time you come back you will have your passport request ready if you also pay upfront rprf. all the best.

dujw

Jul 4, 2011
ganapathi said:
Do you know whats the reason for second review. You can know the reason form GCMS notes. Did you ordered GCMS notes. It takes 1 month. If you find reason is simple and can be handled during second review then i would say gohead and do medicals and Pay RPRF also. I would speed ur application and moreover you can plan anywhere until you get passport request.
Thank you so much for all the information that you give me. I ordered the GCMS note for twice, the reason they put me on second review, is since my supervisor forget to date the employment letter, and I resubmit a new letter on the beginning of this year. And another reason is my employment letter said my salary is 39k a year, and T4 was 38.1K, since I begin to work at the end of Jan 2013, for sure the T4 would not same as the employment letter.

I gonna make an appointment for upfront MR

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
dujw said:
Thank you so much for all the information that you give me. I ordered the GCMS note for twice, the reason they put me on second review, is since my supervisor forget to date the employment letter, and I resubmit a new letter on the beginning of this year. And another reason is my employment letter said my salary is 39k a year, and T4 was 38.1K, since I begin to work at the end of Jan 2013, for sure the T4 would not same as the employment letter.

I gonna make an appointment for upfront MR
If you already sent corrections to cic then go ahead and do upfronts medials and pay RPRF too...Then if vo touches ur file then if we satisfied then they can directly sent you passport request.
All the best.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
dujw said:
Hi all,

You can do medicals in different countries.
If I were you then I will wait for MR request as it will buy you sometime in visa stamping date.
All the best.

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
I don't want to sound like "the bad guy" , but I won't recommend him to do upfront at this moment, since he is expecting the medicals request over the coming 3-4 weeks, probably.

The reason is, by the time he gets the appointment, and the test to pass and be submitted and CIC to link it to his application, it could go 3-4 weeks, right?
We know that in the clinic, they generate you an IME code, in case if you don't have one.

What if, by the time his clinic-generated IME code gets submitted to CIC, an officer will generate him another-new IME code? Can he fall into the trap, that I've read about: I've done my "upfront medicals" and still CPC sent me a Medical Request.

@ dujw
You might have another option. When you go back to your country, check what physicians are available there: ( http://cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx )
And when you get your MR from CPC, just go there and do the examination. Just an idea.

dujw

Jul 4, 2011
Thank you so much for the replies from you guys! It is very important and helpful for me.

At the end I book the upfront medical exam at the end of May, since I would like to give some waiting time for my MR from CIC. I am not sure that I could get the MR before I left, cross the fingers for me and for everyone who is waiting for their MR

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
dujw said:
Hi all,

Hello

I would say finish Medicals soon and visit your Mother soon. All the best to you and your Mom for surgery..
We are on same timeline so I believe it's very soon.