+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About to withdraw - FSW..help

lhworld

Sep 20, 2012
Hi folks,

I now have 13 days to catch up on my deadline to submit all my documents under FSW ITA.

However, I am still holding it because I forgot to file one of the T4 slips this year. I've filed everything except that one T4 slip which is the skilled work experiences that counted toward the scores.

My agency has told me to withdraw my application since it will take about 3 months to receive the amended NOA for this year (which will be at the end of November)

However, I don't see any comments in my profile that NOA is required. My agency is pretty firm about their beliefs though - No NOAs means no submission. They say I need to submit paystubs, T4s, and NOAs.

What am I going to do? I have all the other documents ready except for this year's NOA.

Can someone please advise me what to do?

Thank you,

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
What exactly are the T4 and NOA?

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From my view, the NOA is not mandatory.
But you want to see the comments from other experts or those who have already got the PPR...

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
As gavingan said, try to find out if that is a mandatory document to submit first BUT you may be able to submit first as much evidence of that employment as you can: letter of employment, pay slips, etc and you can submit that as part of your application. Once you get the Notice of Assessment and your t4 form you could send them to CIC via CSE explaining why it wasn't attached in the application on the first place.

Note that my advice is only IF those are not mandatory documents for your application but more like "good to have" extra information. And that is a big IF. I am FSW as well but with zero Canadian experience so I wouldn't know myself.

Hope you can figure something out besides withdrawing your app!

c.james

Jul 29, 2015
lhworld said:
Hi folks,

I now have 13 days to catch up on my deadline to submit all my documents under FSW ITA.

However, I am still holding it because I forgot to file one of the T4 slips this year. I've filed everything except that one T4 slip which is the skilled work experiences that counted toward the scores.

My agency has told me to withdraw my application since it will take about 3 months to receive the amended NOA for this year (which will be at the end of November)

However, I don't see any comments in my profile that NOA is required. My agency is pretty firm about their beliefs though - No NOAs means no submission. They say I need to submit paystubs, T4s, and NOAs.

What am I going to do? I have all the other documents ready except for this year's NOA.

Thank you,
T4 amendments can take longer times

1. Just upload old T4 along with proof of filing for amendment and add letter of explanation.
2. If your employer has online account with CRA, then you can print status of Information Return of T4 Summary (amended - new one)- it will be display under process with some reference number most likely starting with TBxxxxxxxxx

Hope it helps :D

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kucuy15 said:
As gavingan said, try to find out if that is a mandatory document to submit first BUT you may be able to submit first as much evidence of that employment as you can: letter of employment, pay slips, etc and you can submit that as part of your application. Once you get the Notice of Assessment and your t4 form you could send them to CIC via CSE explaining why it wasn't attached in the application on the first place.

Note that my advice is only IF those are not mandatory documents for your application but more like "good to have" extra information. And that is a big IF. I am FSW as well but with zero Canadian experience so I wouldn't know myself.

Hope you can figure something out besides withdrawing your app!
Agree. When I filed my PR application in May, it asked only for letters of employment, offer of employment, etc. I know that now it says Record of Employment and asks for evidence other than letters - probably as a direct consequence of some organizations offering fraudulent letters of employment. SO submit your letter and a bunch of pay stubs, along with the older T4 or anything you have, and in your letter of explanation explain that you have amended your tax forms and will have a new NOA to submit. The point is to prove you really do work there, not how much you made.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
lhworld said:
Hi folks,

Thank you,
Boss NOA is not required file with your available T4. You can always append it later if required. Your agency I don't know who is that but looks less knowledgeable than forum seniors. Go and submit.. Don't close the door tight when opportunity knocks.

sskcec

Mar 20, 2014
lhworld said:

Thank you,
T4 and NOA are not really mandatory documents if you can provide work experience letter. They are more like supplementary proofs.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
@YamPower got PPR? I see some DM in ur profile. Congrats!!! I was telling you.!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

"The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
if the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips, Notices of Assessment (NOA) and Option C printouts issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe, e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years)."

CIC double-speak. First says "mandatory," then says "may" - personally, I believe the "mandatory" part -

But I agree, you can include the T4s, NOA, letter of explanation about the NOA, and a copy of the revised submission to the CRA -

c.james

Jul 29, 2015
jes_ON said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

"The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
if the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips, Notices of Assessment (NOA) and Option C printouts issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe, e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years)."

CIC double-speak. First says "mandatory," then says "may" - personally, I believe the "mandatory" part -

But I agree, you can include the T4s, NOA, letter of explanation about the NOA, and a copy of the revised submission to the CRA -
Yes that is correct.

T4 - issued by employer (mandatory requirement - usually issued in first week of March)

NOA - is issued only if Individual has filed Income Tax and Benefit Return for relevant Financial year

NOA is very helpful to prove financial solvency, as it is record of income earned in Canada. It is more concrete evidence that T4. ;)

Kellakella

Aug 14, 2015
c.james said:
Yes that is correct.

T4 - issued by employer (mandatory requirement - usually issued in first week of March)

NOA - is issued only if Individual has filed Income Tax and Benefit Return for relevant Financial year

NOA is very helpful to prove financial solvency, as it is record of income earned in Canada. It is more concrete evidence that T4. ;)
I don't have my T4 for my previous employments but I have the T4 from the most recent one.
One company never gave me my T4 as it was closed and the other 2 was from awhile back and I don't have them anymore.
This year was my first time filing for tax refunds, but I never received a NOA.

I have the reference letters from all my employment, but not T4 for all of them.
Should I explain why in my LOE?

liamE

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2015
It never asks for them in the document check list notes (press the question mark next to 'record of employment' on your personalized document list). It just says to upload the reference letters and your pay stubs if you have them.

reborncs1

May 5, 2015
Hi there,

I don't know if this might be useful for you, but you can visit a Service Canada office in person and ask for them to print out a Record of Employment (ROE).

It isn't the same document but it has employer, first day worked, last day paid, occupation, and other information which might support your claims of employment history.

Plus it's from the government.

Good luck!