+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About timing (medical)

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi, I applied online on June 4th and tomorrow I will be passing my biometrics (it was the closest date I was able to book). I was wondering, when am I going to get my medical request? I am from Peru and I need to get an answer before July 22nd because I need to register at the college I applied to.
My doubt is about the medical exams, because there is only 1 medical authorized center and they have dates 1 week after you call.
I would appreciate any information you could give me.
Thank you in advance.

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi, I applied online on June 4th and tomorrow I will be passing my biometrics (it was the closest date I was able to book). I was wondering, when am I going to get my medical request? I am from Peru and I need to get an answer before July 22nd because I need to register at the college I applied to.
My doubt is about the medical exams, because there is only 1 medical authorized center and they have dates 1 week after you call.
Thank you in advance.
It depends on the processing times for each country. I applied from Sri Lanka on the 5th of June. Gave biometrics on the 12th of June and got medical request on the 17th of June. But each country has different processing times. Check urs in the cic page

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
It depends on the processing times for each country. I applied from Sri Lanka on the 5th of June. Gave biometrics on the 12th of June and got medical request on the 17th of June. But each country has different processing times. Check urs in the cic page

It says 5 weeks, but I have no patience, that’s the truth. That is why I was asking if anybody knows when do they usually send the medical request u.u
Waiting all this long is really annoying.
Thank you for answering!

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
It says 5 weeks, but I have no patience, that’s the truth. That is why I was asking if anybody knows when do they usually send the medical request u.u
Waiting all this long is really annoying.
Thank you for answering!
Oh okay. Sri lanka also takes 5 weeks, but mine came quite early. But I heard that they send medical within 2 weeks of providing biometrics. What is ur course and uni? Why didn't u do upfront medical?

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Oh okay. Sri lanka also takes 5 weeks, but mine came quite early. But I heard that they send medical within 2 weeks of providing biometrics. What is ur course and uni? Why didn't u do upfront medical?
I was told to wait until I was required for medical exams. I was accepted in Humber for journalism.

Madhusha12

Feb 16, 2017
Online application:
I applied from Sri Lanka as well with medical upfront.

Madhusha12

Feb 16, 2017
What is ur university and course? I got medical request and did it. Did u get ur visa?
Applied 22nd May - online
Biometrics - 29th May
Medical passed 12th June
VISA approved - 19th June

Took almost 1 month with upfront medical.

Seneca college for Post Graduate Cert, what about you?

gychemist

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Thank you in advance.
I am from Guyana and it took me 5 weeks to get medical request.. right now I am still waiting for doctor to send up the medical... then I will have to wait for it to be passed. Our processing time was 5 weeks now moved to 7 weeks... I would suggest to get your medical upfront well of course its an investment from your part... I am sorry I did not do an upfront medical ....especially with now being crunch time... All centers are taking longer to process applications because of large quality for Sept intake... just sharing and best of luck...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am from Guyana and it took me 5 weeks to get medical request.. right now I am still waiting for doctor to send up the medical... then I will have to wait for it to be passed. Our processing time was 5 weeks now moved to 7 weeks... I would suggest to get your medical upfront well of course its an investment from your part... I am sorry I did not do an upfront medical ....especially with now being crunch time... All centers are taking longer to process applications because of large quality for Sept intake... just sharing and best of luck...
Just warning you that processing times are always estimates. Some may be faster but some are slower.

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Applied 22nd May - online
Biometrics - 29th May
Medical passed 12th June
VISA approved - 19th June

Took almost 1 month with upfront medical.

Seneca college for Post Graduate Cert, what about you?
I applied for a Masters at SFU.
Applied on the 6th of June
Gave biometrics on the 12th
Medical call on 17th
Did medical on 19th
And still waiting

Madhusha12

Feb 16, 2017
I applied for a Masters at SFU.
Applied on the 6th of June
Gave biometrics on the 12th
Medical call on 17th
Did medical on 19th
And still waiting
You might have to wait few more weeks. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! :)

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Nobody is from Peru right? I think timing here is different from countries like India. I had my biometrics done on Friday so I have to wait to be requested for Medicals. I applied online on June 4th :( waiting is not my thing.