+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About reference letters

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I am collecting all my reference letters for past 3 years that i worked in Canada..it is 7 letters ..
One employer HR ignores me, i sent 4-5 emails, and talked to her, and even agreed for confirmation of employment but still nothing, now thinking to reach GM maybe he ll help me..
Another job i worked as a cook for 3 weeks around 40 hours. I sent email but no response..

Another employer sent me email where he confirms that i worked there..

So i am thinking to solve problems somehow, if i wont get missing 2 or three reference letters,
Is that ok to mention it in cover letter?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
missing reference letter will be a problem if you need that period of work experience to meet the 12 months of full time skilled work required for CEC.
the cooking position is not a big deal here since its not eligible under CEC anymore but you have to include it in the background declaration form.
also if anything is missing in your application include a cover letter and explain why.

good luck
by the way i hope you learned some good cooking skills in the 3 weeks spent as a cook :p

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
canadavisa13 said:
missing reference letter will be a problem if you need that period of work experience to meet the 12 months of full time skilled work required for CEC.
the cooking position is not a big deal here since its not eligible under CEC anymore but you have to include it in the background declaration form.
also if anything is missing in your application include a cover letter and explain why.

good luck
by the way i hope you learned some good cooking skills in the 3 weeks spent as a cook :p
I mean, my noc is 2242 and it is for sure..one year from that noc ll be completed on Feb2014 so that reference letter HR ll give , that is not a problem..

My problem is collecting all other work references that i worked in Canada for past 3 years..

Background declaration form i have to write down jobs that i had with exact time and include reference letters..all my previous jobs were noc C, D..so still reference letters required?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
if it is within the 3 years of your application yes you can include reference letters for noc C and D too but no harm if you can't as its not going to cause any impact on your application either negative or positive.
as long as you have a reference letter that meets cic requirements for noc 2242 and have at least 12 months for that noc then you are good to go.
just a small tip for you do not apply exactly the day you complete your 12 months of experience,give your self some room if you can to avoid in serious concerns from the immigration officer(i would wait an extra two weeks to be on the safe side).

still you didn't tell me what you learn in 14 days in cooking lol.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
canadavisa13 said:
if it is within the 3 years of your application yes you can include reference letters for noc C and D too but no harm if you can't as its not going to cause any impact on your application either negative or positive.
as long as you have a reference letter that meets cic requirements for noc 2242 and have at least 12 months for that noc then you are good to go.
just a small tip for you do not apply exactly the day you complete your 12 months of experience,give your self some room if you can to avoid in serious concerns from the immigration officer(i would wait an extra two weeks to be on the safe side).

still you didn't tell me what you learn in 14 days in cooking lol.
Ok that i needed to know, cause i am missing couple references and ROE, but Noc C and cooking ROE, if no impact i dont need to worry about that..
my noc 2242 reference letter HR ll give me Feb2014 as long as i complete my one year i ll wait 10 days more..

P.s cooking is fun but dangerous, attitude is very bad, chef was ok but sometimes mean, maybe if i were chef i would be 10 times more mean :)

Learned how to do salads, kung pao, gravy,sushi, spagetti meat ball, etc..

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
canadavisa13 said:
make sure the reference letter is not dated before you complete the 12 months experience.
One year ll be Feb 5th 2014.. So you suggest to get reference letter done after 5th Feb? Maybe 15Feb?