+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Reference letter

Nov 2, 2016
Dear senior forum members. I am planning to get a reference letter from my company to apply for SINP OID. I have a question regarding it. I worked in Azerbaijan (Company AZ) and it is about 4 years my boss has sent me to his Iran joint-stock company (Company IR) as a representative. The names of the companies are different from each other. Although I am working and doing Import manager/wholesale buyer responsibilities here in Iran, I get my salary from Company AZ with azeri currency AZN. How does Company IR have to write my salary in the reference letter? If they write Azeri currency, do I have to get proof of salary from my Azerbaijan company? Right now I don't want my azerbaijan company be aware that I am going to immigrate. Otherwise, I will be probably fined.
Company IR can convert my salary to its USD or Tumen (Iran currency) equivalency and write it to the reference letter. But if Canada requires proof of it I am afraid it can be understood as mispresentation.

What currency should be written in salary section of the reference letter and has somebody experienced that Canada required proof of salary?

Thanks in advance for any of your help.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Any currency, cic will convert it. There's no point converting it to use as they will still have to convert it to Canadian.

Nov 2, 2016
Thanks kryt0n. May be I didn't clarify my question clearly. My question is not regarding to currency convertation. I work in Iran, but get my salary from Azerbaijan with Azeri currency (AZN), not with Iran currency (Tumen). If I get reference letter from Iran company and if they write there my salary with Azerbaijani currency (it is the real condition), in the case of Canada requirement I will not be able to provide the Proof of Salary. Because the company that I get salary from is totally different company. These two companies' names and location countries are different. My question: If they don't see the Iranian currency in Iranian reference letter, will they require proof of it? Otherwise, if I convert my AZN (Azerbaijan) salary to its Tumen (Iran) equivalency, can it be considered as mispresentation when they require the proof of it?