+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About PROOF of relationship (Serious Question)

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
My wife and I are at our last step.

We NEED to provide letters from friends/family.

However it is all from Email.

Does E-mail count?

I got 10 emails. ALL E-MAILS.

I copied and paste it on Word and Print it out.
Is that oK? Do we need to include the sender's e-mail address?

How do we present this kind of document?

To be honest, we were short on files for the last step, so we asked our family/friends to write congratulate letters for us (but they are far away, so E-mail was the only way to do it)

Is it better if we put in the explanation in the files?

HELP! We are at our last step!!!

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My wife and I are at our last step.

We NEED to provide letters from friends/family.

However it is all from Email.

Does E-mail count?

I got 10 emails. ALL E-MAILS.

I copied and paste it on Word and Print it out.
Is that oK? Do we need to include the sender's e-mail address?

How do we present this kind of document?

To be honest, we were short on files for the last step, so we asked our family/friends to write congratulate letters for us (but they are far away, so E-mail was the only way to do it)

Is it better if we put in the explanation in the files?

HELP! We are at our last step!!!

Thank you.
The best option would have been for them to actually write the letters in Word and email as an attachment for you to simply print off. I would print the actual emails.

What do you mean by "congratulate letters"? The best format for relationship proof letters is something like "To whom it may concern, I know John and/or Jane from ____. I know John and Jane are in a real relationship for ___ time....etc.", with their full contact details.

Reactions: josephcheng1215

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
The best option would have been for them to actually write the letters in Word and email as an attachment for you to simply print off. I would print the actual emails.

What do you mean by "congratulate letters"? The best format for relationship proof letters is something like "To whom it may concern, I know John and/or Jane from ____. I know John and Jane are in a real relationship for ___ time....etc.", with their full contact details.
yes i just screen shot their email address in my email box alone with their actual writing. would that work?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Not sure about the recent applications, but I know with ours a few of the letters needed to be notarized before they would accept them. I would think that you should have 1 or 2 that are hand written and signed as a minimum.

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017

the 3rd box, Other proof that your relationship is recognised by your friends or family Letters from friends/family. Isn't it like a congratulation letters? or is it a statement letter?

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017

the 3rd box, Other proof that your relationship is recognised by your friends or family Letters from friends/family. Isn't it like a congratulation letters? or is it a statement letter?
That doesn't just mean congratulation letters. I guess when you say like that I am thinking all 10 letters are sending their best wishes for your marriage. So correct me if I am wrong.
But we only sent in 3 letters, all signed. One handwritten and the other two typed. And they were basically stating their relationship to the PA or sponsor, how they came to know about our relationship, when they first meet the PA or sponsor and how they support our relationship and then of course things in their own words. Each letter was different but all sorta the same idea.

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Congratulating you on what? Being a couple? Submitting an application?

It should be in a format like I stated in my previous post.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not sure about the recent applications, but I know with ours a few of the letters needed to be notarized before they would accept them. I would think that you should have 1 or 2 that are hand written and signed as a minimum.
No requirement for notarization or for letters to be hand-written.

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017

Thank you so much. You have been great help.
Just one last question. If it is going to be an email.

Thank you so much.

Let me repeat: formal letters with full contact info: email and phone#? (how about address?)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much. You have been great help.
Just one last question. If it is going to be an email.

Thank you so much.

Let me repeat: formal letters with full contact info: email and phone#? (how about address?)
Yes, full contact info with address.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK

"Congratulations letters" can probably be placed in the category of informal day to day proofs that your friends and family are aware of your relationship. My wife and I used a lot of facebook screen shots of posts and our friends and family commenting on those posts from various points in our relationship (especially when we announced we were engaged, etc).

We also did include formal statements "I am ___________ and I have known Jordo and his wife since _____________ and attest that they are in a genuine marriage relationship. etc etc."
Some of my friends and family wrote longer and included specific examples of how they know we are in a genuine relationship in their own words and from their point of view. They then printed it out, signed/dated in ink (but we didn't bother getting them notarized. But we also didn't count on these letters as our main proofs. It was just another layer of confirmation of our relationship in relation to all the other proofs we sent in.

Hope this helps.

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
"Congratulations letters" can probably be placed in the category of informal day to day proofs that your friends and family are aware of your relationship. My wife and I used a lot of facebook screen shots of posts and our friends and family commenting on those posts from various points in our relationship (especially when we announced we were engaged, etc).

We also did include formal statements "I am ___________ and I have known Jordo and his wife since _____________ and attest that they are in a genuine marriage relationship. etc etc."
Some of my friends and family wrote longer and included specific examples of how they know we are in a genuine relationship in their own words and from their point of view. They then printed it out, signed/dated in ink (but we didn't bother getting them notarized. But we also didn't count on these letters as our main proofs. It was just another layer of confirmation of our relationship in relation to all the other proofs we sent in.

Hope this helps.
May I ask what kind of main proofs were you guys using?
we have plane tickets and train tickets. but I am trying to put in more.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
May I ask what kind of main proofs were you guys using?
we have plane tickets and train tickets. but I am trying to put in more.
I believe there is a check list for all the likely proofs they asked for to prove your relationship, the more you can submit the better. As far as ours, since my wife and I live together, so we submitted our joint bank account statements, joint utility bills, property deeds that listed with both our names, my wife's life insurance listed me as the beneficiary, my wife's health insurance listed me as her dependent, the birth certificates of our two children listed both of us as parents, supporting letters from our parents, close relatives and friends, 20 photos from varies occasions (from the early time of our relationship to the most recent events) and our own letters to express our love story.

Reactions: josephcheng1215

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I believe there is a check list for all the likely proofs they asked for to prove your relationship, the more you can submit the better. As far as ours, since my wife and I live together, so we submitted our joint bank account statements, joint utility bills, property deeds that listed with both our names, my wife's life insurance listed me as the beneficiary, my wife's health insurance listed me as her dependent, the birth certificates of our two children listed both of us as parents, supporting letters from our parents, close relatives and friends, 20 photos from varies occasions (from the early time of our relationship to the most recent events) and our own letters to express our love story.
thank you very much. we got yours as well, except we don't have kids yet. :(
we want them so bad. >.>

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I'm sorry to bother you again. May I ask how many formal letters did you guys send in?
The one with "I _____ have know Jorge and Luna since _____ and I attest their relationship of marriage as true." Letters