+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Police Check Certificates

phonghnguyenn

Mar 12, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am a dependent of an application for startup bussiness visa. I'm a Mexican citizen, but in 2014, I moved to Vietnam to work and live. I acquired a Mexican PCC back then for my working in Vietnam. Ever since then, I have never stayed back in Mexico for more than 4 months. So I'm wondering if I need to get a Mexican PCC. Along with that, I also spent aroung 1 year in Hong Kong, but I never stayed longer than 40 days, and between my time there, I travelled back and forth to Vietnam to visit my family and stayed there for around 5 to 15 days. As I understand as stated in the document checklist, I need to get a PCC where I "have lived for six months or more in a row".

So I'm wondering if I need to get the PCC, since my time at both places is more than six months but cummulative and not consecutively. Can you help with this please? It would be nice if I don't have to do the PCC though because both Hong Kong and Mexico require file number and letter from CIC to issue one and it would take at least four weeks waitin for them to be issued.

Thanks in advance!

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am a dependent of an application for startup bussiness visa. I'm a Mexican citizen, but in 2014, I moved to Vietnam to work and live. I acquired a Mexican PCC back then for my working in Vietnam. Ever since then, I have never stayed back in Mexico for more than 4 months. So I'm wondering if I need to get a Mexican PCC. Along with that, I also spent aroung 1 year in Hong Kong, but I never stayed longer than 40 days, and between my time there, I travelled back and forth to Vietnam to visit my family and stayed there for around 5 to 15 days. As I understand as stated in the document checklist, I need to get a PCC where I "have lived for six months or more in a row".

So I'm wondering if I need to get the PCC, since my time at both places is more than six months but cummulative and not consecutively. Can you help with this please? It would be nice if I don't have to do the PCC though because both Hong Kong and Mexico require file number and letter from CIC to issue one and it would take at least four weeks waitin for them to be issued.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
You must get a police certificate from each country/territory where you have lived for six months or more in a row since the age of 18. So in your case, you don't need to get PCC for the time in HK. However, you have to take PCC in Mexico and also in Vietnam, As you have lived in these countries for more than 6 months in a row since the age of 18.
Hope it helps!