+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About PGWP

icySag

Aug 24, 2020
Hi a friend of mine is planning to study in Sheridan College for a 1-year program (Sept-Aug), then studying another 1-year program in George Brown College (Sept-Aug). Will he be eligible to apply for a 3-year PGWP? Thanks you so much!

AndyT

Jun 12, 2020
*The student completed more than one program from an eligible DLI within 2 years.
*Note: Each program of study must meet all PGWPP eligibility requirements and be at least 8 months in length.
If the combined length of the programs is 2 years or longer (or 1,800 hours or longer for a combination of a DVS with an AVS in Quebec), the work permit may be valid for up to 3 years (provided that the DVS program in Quebec is at least 900 hours in length).

icySag

Aug 24, 2020
*The student completed more than one program from an eligible DLI within 2 years.
*Note: Each program of study must meet all PGWPP eligibility requirements and be at least 8 months in length.
If the combined length of the programs is 2 years or longer (or 1,800 hours or longer for a combination of a DVS with an AVS in Quebec), the work permit may be valid for up to 3 years (provided that the DVS program in Quebec is at least 900 hours in length).
In the immigration web, they mentioned AN eligible DLI, so he was concerned would that count if he studies 2 different DLIs.

AndyT

Jun 12, 2020
I had two classmates who moved in from different province after completing one year PG certification (from different DLIs). They completed their second PG certificate with me last year. They are both issued with 3 year PGWP.

icySag

Aug 24, 2020
I had two classmates who moved in from different province after completing one year PG certification (from different DLIs). They completed their second PG certificate with me last year. They are both issued with 3 year PGWP.
Fantastic! I will let him know!