+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About medical exam

Sadab

Oct 20, 2020
So, i got the request to go for a medical exam. What sort of medical conditions will disqualify me for the program?

Small history:
No problems with blood pressure
No diseases that pose danger to public safety
Overweight so I have a higher blood cholesterol than normal.
Fatty liver due to being overweight. I'm working out so i hope this will improve over a few months.
No diabetes. No high blood glucose.
Got a form of dermatitis recently, so under medication for that. But its not contageous or anything. And improving fast

No other chronic conditions.

What do you think? Is there a chance my medical report may be rejected? I plan on going for it in 2 weeks.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
So, i got the request to go for a medical exam. What sort of medical conditions will disqualify me for the program?

Small history:
Fatty liver due to being overweight. I'm working out so i hope this will improve over a few months.
Got a form of dermatitis recently, so under medication for that. But its not contageous or anything. And improving fast

What do you think? Is there a chance my medical report may be rejected? I plan on going for it in 2 weeks.
Let the expert give medical opinion. We are not medical professional, we do comment when Dr issued final medical exam report. Situations may change or others comes up when you go for your exam. I would suggest to wait and continue with improvement medications you are taking right.

Reactions: Xclent Shannie

saivatsav

Jun 19, 2021
W

Small history:

When did you got the medical exam request

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021

Small history:

Take a look at this page - this is a guide for panel members (authorised doctors), and there are acceptable limits given for each condition that poses a threat:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-guide.html#sec2.1.10

Medical conditions that do not impact the immigration medical assessment
The following medical conditions do not impact the immigration medical assessment. If noted during the exam, check the medical history of the affected organ or system as normal and report your findings in the general comments section. Assign these cases an A grading if there are no other significant conditions.

• hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism
  • any history related to pregnancy, childbirth and gynaecology (such as C-sections, gestational diabetes or hypertension, IUDs or other birth control, fibroids, non-cancer hysterectomy)
  • history of illness, injuries and surgeries with current normal function (such as repaired ventricular septal defect [VSD] or atrial septal defect [ASD], orthopedic injuries, appendectomy, negative biopsies or scopes, hepatitis A)
  • asthma and allergies
  • skin conditions not currently requiring treatment with biologic medications (such as psoriasis, acne, vitiligo, striae, uticaria)
  • stable musculoskeletal conditions with no or minimum impact on function (such as scoliosis, history of fractures, osteoarthritis, joint replacement)
  • cosmetic and plastic surgery not related to a disease process (such as bariatric surgery, breast implants, rhinoplasty, keloid removal, digit amputation)
  • dental observations (such as caries, dentures)
  • obesity
  • professional tattoos and piercings

I could not find fatty liver in there but if it is known by any other fancy terms in medical parlance, then please search for it too. I have a feeling you should be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: RumezaJ and Sadab

Sadab

Oct 20, 2020
ok then no need, if you took the sheet which ircc gave you for medicals, then you are fine. the panel physician will link that.
Oh. Ok then!

Btw, is them asking for a medical exam a good sign? Does it mean all other steps before medical exam checking is completed and passed?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Oh. Ok then!

Btw, is them asking for a medical exam a good sign? Does it mean all other steps before medical exam checking is completed and passed?
Too hard to interpret anything as a sign but just be patient,, you'll receive a news soon.

mahesh31.guru

Jul 3, 2021
Texas USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I submit my application ~3 weeks ago but still haven't got email about giving medical exam. After getting AOR what is the timeline for getting medical exam email from IRCC? Can I take upfront medical exam ?

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
I submit my application ~3 weeks ago but still haven't got email about giving medical exam. After getting AOR what is the timeline for getting medical exam email from IRCC? Can I take upfront medical exam ?
I am also waiting for medical exam request for both me and my partner. We applied june 18th

Reactions: mahesh31.guru

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
I am hospitalizes for covid treament. Any body knows if this may effect my medical cert later on?