+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About left Canada with unpaid credit card debts

Biggold

Jun 15, 2021
My friend told me that about 20 years ago he left Canada with few hundred bucks of credit card debts after his graduation and went back to his country. Now he is planning to move back to Canada and apply PR eventually. Will the past issues affect his immigration/PR application and job finding? Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My friend told me that about 20 years ago he left Canada with few hundred bucks of credit card debts after his graduation and went back to his country. Now he is planning to move back to Canada and apply PR eventually. Will the past issues affect his immigration/PR application and job finding? Thanks!
Unlikely it has probably been written off by now but you never know and if was a few hundred that is no a large amount. Not sure how he is going to qualify for PR at his age. He must be over 40.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Unlikely it has probably been written off by now but you never know and if was a few hundred that is no a large amount. Not sure how he is going to qualify for PR at his age. He must be over 40.
What does age have to do with it? As long as you have the points, age has nothing to do with getting PR. I received mine in February and I turned 56 this year. I moved here when I was 48 as a student.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What does age have to do with it? As long as you have the points, age has nothing to do with getting PR. I received mine in February and I turned 56 this year. I moved here when I was 48 as a student.
Very hard to qualify if you are over 40 and you are the exception.

Last edited: