+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About language tests in Start up Visa

phonghnguyenn

Mar 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I applied for the start up visa and have received my temporary file number. However, my IELTS scores are expiring soon, and i think they will expire before I have the official file number. I'm wondering if I would need to retake the test.

Would love to know your thoughts and experience on this.

TIA!

BiancaVu

May 6, 2021
I ve got the same case, and i already put my question on this forum last month.
They (experienced person) said that it is not a problem cause ircc base on your submission date.
By the way, you are fr VN ?

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hi everyone,

I applied for the start up visa and have received my temporary file number. However, my IELTS scores are expiring soon, and i think they will expire before I have the official file number. I'm wondering if I would need to retake the test.

Would love to know your thoughts and experience on this.

TIA!
Hi,
I don't think so, the IELTS certificate date should not be more than 2 years old when you apply, and the process starts the day the complete application receive at the visa office in Nova Scotia.

BiancaVu

May 6, 2021
Hi,
I don't think so, the IELTS certificate date should not be more than 2 years old when you apply, and the process starts the day the complete application receive at the visa office in Nova Scotia.
Hello,
Temporary File Number was issued that means IRCC already checked and accepted IELTS certificate (expired date 10/2021),
and applicant do not need to retake language test for now.
How about 1 year later, when Ircc issue Official File Number, will they ask for new Ielts test ?

Please let me know your idea, thank u.

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hello,
Temporary File Number was issued that means IRCC already checked and accepted IELTS certificate (expired date 10/2021),
and applicant do not need to retake language test for now.
How about 1 year later, when Ircc issue Official File Number, will they ask for new Ielts test ?

Please let me know your idea, thank u.
I think if the application was not completed, they return it, and ,for the new one probably needs a valid IELTS certificate.
I suggest some of old members in this thread could help us in this regard.

Cheers,

Reactions: BiancaVu

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
At this point, it's all speculative! A lot of applicants are in the same spot, but unfortunately there has been no clarity by IRCC or via webform. As of now one thing is for sure that IELTS scores are only valid for 24 months and they are not extending it.

Temporary AOR - Only confirms receipt of application at the mail-room, but the file has not been opened
Permanent AOR - File has been opened and scanned. Not sure if preliminary eligibility check has been done or not

Maybe the incubator or angel/VC can better answer this question.

Reactions: BiancaVu