+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About job title...

Angelalala93

May 25, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding job title....hope you can help me.

One of my work experience I put the title as "social media co-ordinator" in previous study permit application. Apparently, this is a NOC A job, and supposed to have hourly rate as minimum as $18-20/hr (for 2019 job).

My job is actually administrative assistant/social media co-ordinator in a real estate brokerage. My hourly rate is $15/hr.

Now, the thing is if I put administrative assistant on EE profile, then will it be seen as misrepresentation when they compare my study permit application with CEC profile? I could write a letter of explanation to write why I put two job titles differently.

Or should I just go with social media co-ordinator, but the risk is to be refused because my hourly rate is too low.

User1id2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Can someone clarify about the hourly rate requirement?!?!?!
as far as I know hourly rates, wages, yearly income, benefits, job titles are all irrelevant to the decision on a CEC express entry application. Only the job duties description matching the lead statement and most of the duties for a NOC are relevant.
Am I not right?
please somebody confirm.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
In principle they are not relevant, unless they are so out of whack that they lead IRCC to believe that a fully qualified brain surgeon is not likely making only $14/hour at Local General, despite the job duties described in the work experience letter.

Angelalala93

May 25, 2020
Job titles are irrelevant. Job duties are what counts.
Yeah, I have read about as long as job titles match NOC, it will be fine. But if my job title is social media coordinator, and I try to use NOC1241 Administrative Assistant. Isn't it too far fetch? Will this arose any concern of VO?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Job titles are Not determinant. There is nothing unimaginable about an admin assistant whose job is to coordinate social media. All of the duties in the lead statement and most of the Main Duties of the NOC that best describes your job, whatever the title.

User1id2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
It is all about the lead statement and duties in the NoC description. Your job title can be literally anything. Now if the job title is Implying that your duties can potentially be different than the lead statement And duties of the NOC, this can lead the officer to scrutinize your job description/letter more.
So once again: preparation is the key. Be confident and certain that your letter has all kinds of verbs that can be strongly related to all the verbs in the lead statement and most of the verbs in the main duties from the NOC page. Once you do that, don’t worry about anything else.