+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About implied status

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I am holding tourist record and will expire on Sep, I and my common law partner have applied PR (paper) and we applied to extend open work permit through 204(c) letter of support. Should I apply to extend my tourist record during the waiting time or I will get the implied status automatically? During implied status, am I stay on tourist record?

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
I am holding tourist record and will expire on Sep, I and my common law partner have applied PR (paper) and we applied to extend open work permit through 204(c) letter of support. Should I apply to extend my tourist record during the waiting time or I will get the implied status automatically? During implied status, am I stay on tourist record?
you can extend your tourist record during the waiting time, you will be on tourist record implied status

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
will they allow me to apply tourist record and open work permit visa at the same time? will it affect the application ? after I get the open work permit, can I withdraw the application of tourist record?

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
will they allow me to apply tourist record and open work permit visa at the same time? will it affect the application ? after I get the open work permit, can I withdraw the application of tourist record?
yes
they will close your tourist record when your work permit be approved.