+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About entering Canada with a valid PR card

Thinkin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
I have a Canadian PR card, but currently working in the USA. If I need to move to Canada, it is an absolute must that I should time my move such that I strictly meet the criteria of staying in Canada for 2 years in a 5 year period, OR can I move into Canada as long as my PR card is not expired. I mean in addition to having a valid PR card will the Canadian Immigration also requires proof that I have met the 2 year stay in Canada in 5 year period. Once in Canada, I have been told that even if the Canadian PR card expires, the status does not expire and the person is still considered a PR.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
If you move with adequate time before PR card expiry nothing will happen

If you move 2 years before expiry you may be advised of less number of days in future for pr expiry.

If you move less than 2 years before PR card expiry you may be (that depends on the officer of CBSA) reported to cic for not meeting RO then cic may issue a removal order. If you'r not reported you can stay 2 yrs from your re entry and apply for pr renewal

If you are lucky one to survive all these you can come even last days before expiry also