London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Teppy25 said:
Oh, another question, if I were to sponsor my boyfriend after I get my PR through outland sponsorship, what are the possible steps to take? Because I read about the family sponsorship guide in the CIC website and it stated that one of the things the sponsor should consider is that he/she is in Canada and is able to support his/her partner. Can it be possible to sponsor him before landing? Or I should really get married first so it won't be that complicated?
Thanks again :)
In theory, there is no financial requirement to be able to sponsor a spouse but I recently heard of a case where an application was denied due to lack of evidence that the couple could support themselves. This may have been an error in processing.
You can't sponsor until you have landed as a PR. You must also reside in Canada to sponsor a spouse.

Teppy25

Jan 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Nomination.....
January 2014
File Transfer...
May 2014
Med's Request
May 2014
Passport Req..
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
January 2015
zardoz said:
In theory, there is no financial requirement to be able to sponsor a spouse but I recently heard of a case where an application was denied due to lack of evidence that the couple could support themselves. This may have been an error in processing.
You can't sponsor until you have landed as a PR. You must also reside in Canada to sponsor a spouse.
I see. Thanks again zardoz. Hope you never get tired of helping others with their querries :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I had a lot of help and support from here when I started to play this "game". My pleasure to help others...

PS. That does not mean I am always right... We all make mistakes on here, even those with many thousands of posts.

varen

May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-V and CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
app. filed 03-21-2011 Started processing LC1-04-21-2011
Doc's Request.
LC2-07-15-2013
Med's Request
April 05,2014
Med's Done....
April 28,2014
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Need help guys. Here's the situation.

Husband (principal applicant) is married long long time ago and separated for almost 10 years with his first wife but their marriage is not yet annulled. Husband (PA)married again with his second wife and living together for almost 20 years with two children. Second wife went to Canada (sponsor) indicated on her application that her marital status is married with husband. But, unfortunately, their marriage doesn't count as legal here in the Philippines and I guess as well as in Canada since husband is still married with first wife.Then principal applicant(husband) filed for annulment last july 2013 while papers for sponsorship is now on process. This information was also given to CIC. The reason why second wife (sponsor) declared husband as spouse not common law on her application was that they did got married and just stating the truth. Because according to cic while filling up application form one should be stating the truth. Now, cic declared that husband is not accepted under spousal definition but cic is giving opportunity to second wife(sponsor) to continuously processes or at least give evidence and explanation or just accept the refusal for her husband (principal applicant). Question is it possible to shift from spouse to common law partner with regards to this kind of situation? Looking forward to your responses thanks a lot