+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ABOUT CDI COLLEGE QUEBEC

AKAUR26

Sep 30, 2018
Hi,
I have an concern about CDI college, about the work permit and PR through this college.
Actually my brother got offer letter from CDI college and going to apply for that.
however, i think it is not SPP college and not giving work permit too.
but his agent said that he can get PGWP by AEC ( Attestation of College Studies) program
so please tell me about this college.
what should we do?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi,
I have an concern about CDI college, about the work permit and PR through this college.
Actually my brother got offer letter from CDI college and going to apply for that.
but his agent said that he can get PGWP by AEC ( Attestation of College Studies) program
what should we do?
Useless college like many others in Montreal.

Will get pgwp.

No csq (Google to know about it,) so no PR.

These colleges in Montreal are for fooling international students : CDI, Matrix, LSL, GEM cegep etc.

SunnyMattu

Nov 19, 2018

Will get pgwp.

These colleges in Montreal are for fooling international students : CDI, Matrix, LSL, GEM cegep etc.
But Cegep is a really good college

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018

Will get pgwp.

Hi @Immstu

what is csq? why csq will not be obtained?
If I do work based on my studied program then will I be eligible for csq?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi @Immstu

what is csq? why csq will not be obtained?
If I do work based on my studied program then will I be eligible for csq?
CSQ is a document needed for PR in Quebec. It is given to students who study in Quebec and want PR there. Such programs don't get CSQ so you can't apply for PR. The only way to apply for PR is to go through the foreign skilled workers program. For that you need not go for such programs and can either choose colleges that have programs that will give you CSQ or study in another province.

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
CSQ is a document needed for PR in Quebec. It is given to students who study in Quebec and want PR there. Such programs don't get CSQ so you can't apply for PR. The only way to apply for PR is to go through the foreign skilled workers program. For that you need not go for such programs and can either choose colleges that have programs that will give you CSQ or study in another province.

Thanks @selvakk for explaining!!

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018

Hi @selvakk, last question, is there a way if I study in Quebec (CDI college, Attestation of College Studies) and then I move to Ontario and then apply for PGWP and apply in express entry from Ontario. In this case, I don't need CSQ. I am not sure if this is possible or not.
I am asking on behalf of my brother.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi @selvakk, last question, is there a way if I study in Quebec (CDI college, Attestation of College Studies) and then I move to Ontario and then apply for PGWP and apply in express entry from Ontario. In this case, I don't need CSQ. I am not sure if this is possible or not.
With pgwp you can move anywhere in Canada. In EE if you qualify it's better than Quebec. Quebec is becoming a very difficult place for migrants

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
To add on to what @Immstu said. It would be better for you to get a certification in Toronto rather than studying in Quebec and then moving to Toronto since certifications in Quebec may not be known or knowledgable to people in Ontario. Saying that provincial wise Ontario has a program where any international student can apply but it is only certain colleges and Universities across Canada, it also takes quite a long time from what I heard.

I would personally only suggest studying and then working in Quebec if you want to work in the game Industry or you are interested in speaking French or if you are from a francophone nation that can get some concessions from the Quebec govt. If you are looking with the view of jobs see in which place the jobs are and then study/work there. It should not be the other way around where you are picking a college and then searching for work.

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
To add on to what @Immstu said. It would be better for you to get a certification in Toronto rather than studying in Quebec and then moving to Toronto since certifications in Quebec may not be known or knowledgable to people in Ontario. Saying that provincial wise Ontario has a program where any international student can apply but it is only certain colleges and Universities across Canada, it also takes quite a long time from what I heard.

I would personally only suggest studying and then working in Quebec if you want to work in the game Industry or you are interested in speaking French or if you are from a francophone nation that can get some concessions from the Quebec govt. If you are looking with the view of jobs see in which place the jobs are and then study/work there. It should not be the other way around where you are picking a college and then searching for work.
Thanks @selvakk

Mandysingh

Feb 9, 2019
Hi,
what should we do?
In About how days your brother get his offer letter.

AllonC

May 30, 2019

Hi Yesha Dave, I would like to apply Networking course of CDI college of Ontario for my son , can you please answer to my questions which are given below:
1. courses suggested by CDI college ontario are Diploma courses ?
2. Is CDI college of Ontario better than CDI college Quebec ?
3. What about work permit after completion of course? as local agent is saying that college is given Work permit for 3 years.

please advise.