+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ABout BOWP and CEC

cabadadream

Nov 16, 2015
I have been worrying about my case, My common-law-partner got invitation on recent express entry draw. She put almost 1 year of experience and received points for it. She has worked in 3 different job category. The current job is in a reputed company where she has been employed as a full time contract employee for 5 months and now they are extending her contract by 6 more month. Our visa is expiring on 21 st november and we are planning to apply for BOWP with explanation letter and to buy 3 to 4 months time ,in the hope that she will receive AOR in 15-20 days.
The problem is one of the job was a cash job in 2015 financial year but employer agreed to give reference letter stating her as a contract employee and unfortunately the business which was a small computer store was shut down due to losses before 2 3 months.

I have question that will the reference letter raise any suspicion or may cause a problem even if employer handles reference check properly ?
what is the remedy in this situation ? If she chooses to decline the ITA and work on implied status she might be able to complete 1560 hours in 3 month i.e hopefully before decision on BOWP and again get a ITA ( I am sure that working on implied status is credited towards your canadian status) but in this case she wont be able to apply for BOWP.

What are the recommendation in this regard ?

Is there any chance she might get BOWP accepted even if she declines ITA based on her contract with a reputed canadian company with a decently paid job ? :'(