+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About biometrics

zolak94

Sep 28, 2017
I applied for PR last week and I payed for my biometrics. I'm still waiting for my application to be delivered and to go and give biometrics. In the mean time while I'm waiting for my PR to be done, I want to visit my wife during summer for 3 weeks. When I apply for visitor visa, can I use my biometrics from PR for my Visitor Visa? and how?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can use the biometrics for any application for ten years.

Unfortunately, as the spouse of a Canadian PR, your application is likely to be refused for a TRV. This is because you have a spouse in Canada, and thus family ties.

The fact that you've properly applied for PR will mitigate against this, but you will need to prove overwhelming ties in your home country, along with solid reasons you will return after your visit, in order to get a TRV.

zolak94

Sep 28, 2017
You can use the biometrics for any application for ten years.

Unfortunately, as the spouse of a Canadian PR, your application is likely to be refused for a TRV. This is because you have a spouse in Canada, and thus family ties.

The fact that you've properly applied for PR will mitigate against this, but you will need to prove overwhelming ties in your home country, along with solid reasons you will return after your visit, in order to get a TRV.
Thank you for reply. Yes I have strong ties to my country. I have permanent employment and I would take holiday days where I'll provide a letter from my company when I have to come back to work. Is that enough?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you for reply. Yes I have strong ties to my country. I have permanent employment and I would take holiday days where I'll provide a letter from my company when I have to come back to work. Is that enough?
I can't say if it will be enough. I'm mostly just trying to warn you to expect to be rejected, though what you submit may be sufficient.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied for PR last week and I payed for my biometrics. I'm still waiting for my application to be delivered and to go and give biometrics. In the mean time while I'm waiting for my PR to be done, I want to visit my wife during summer for 3 weeks. When I apply for visitor visa, can I use my biometrics from PR for my Visitor Visa? and how?
No. You cannot use your biometrics for your PR for any temporary residence visa. You may want to recheck with the visa office because I'm pretty sure the converse is not acceptable

Canada_101

Apr 28, 2019
No. You cannot use your biometrics for your PR for any temporary residence visa. You may want to recheck with the visa office because I'm pretty sure the converse is not acceptable
Do u know if its the same other way around? if one gived biometric for visit visa do we need to give biometric again for sponsorship?