+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About application

Bendanlim

Apr 25, 2018
Hi
I have question about application form about city. I live in Moncton, what if after applying the application I will move to Calgary, what should I put my mailing address and applying city name? Moncton or Calgary

Thanks in advance

tracey321

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hi
I have question about application form about city. I live in Moncton, what if after applying the application I will move to Calgary, what should I put my mailing address and applying city name? Moncton or Calgary

Thanks in advance
you can update your new address on the ecas website

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
You're supposed to let IRCC know if you intend to take an extended leave of Canada so that they don't schedule you for the test or oath in that time frame. You'll need to make sure you're aware if IRCC makes any requests of you as well, such as additional documentation or to get fingerprinting.

Bendanlim

Apr 25, 2018
I am planning to apply in end of June.
Can I do criminal check before submitting application ?
How about next month?
Can I do fingerprints as well with criminal check?
If I got test invite I can return when test date
Thanks in advance

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
If you mean getting a police certificate from a country you have been in more than 183 days in the last 4 years, yes you should obtain before apply.

If you meant the general criminal check that is conducted as part of the process, then no. There is nothing for you to do.

You can’t do fingerprints before your application because you need your case number and a request from IRCC. The case number is assigned after they acknowledge receipt of your application.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I have wondered if I’m wrong about whether you can send FP results with an application. I certainly wouldn’t advise doing so, but if any of the more experienced want to chime in on that one, I’m genuinely curious.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Not everyone gets FP request..so why do something you may not have to do in the first place.
Only ever do what they request you do do.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Not everyone gets FP request..so why do something you may not have to do in the first place.
Only ever do what they request you do do.
Well yeah, which is one of the reasons I wouldn't advise someone to do it ahead of time.

Bendanlim

Apr 25, 2018
You're supposed to let IRCC know if you intend to take an extended leave of Canada so that they don't schedule you for the test or oath in that time frame. You'll need to make sure you're aware if IRCC makes any requests of you as well, such as additional documentation or to get fingerprinting.
What if I am outside of Canada, can I do fingerprints outside of canada?

vanmover

Jan 31, 2015
Do you know how it's possible to let IRCC know about leaving Canada for an extended period?

Thanks