+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About " ADD-ON " Process

Alakbar0424

Mar 8, 2022
Hi guys,

I have an issue with " ADD ON " process. So, I went to Georgia ( as a protected person with refugee travel document ) and I got married on 12th of November in Georgia ( country ), so end of November I came back to Canada ( as a protected person with refugee travel document ) and I sent my wife's application on 13th of December to IRCC Mississauga office. Because I have to update my marital status and I need to add her on my PR application, that's why I sent her application. So I did it, but at the end of January, I got confirmation of my permanent residence paper as a single person, I mean they did not update my marital status on that paper ( confirmation of permanent residence paper ). In February I got my PR card, but IRCC did not say anything about her application. It's almost 3 month, I don't know anything about her application. I already paid her biometric fee and her permanent residence fee as well. When I got my confirmation of my permanent residence, I sent an email to IRCC with their webform to update my marital status, I sent my spouse's applications in PDF version by Webform as well. After one week one IRCC agent responded to my email and he sent this text to me:

" We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the change of marital status, documents and forms were received by the responsible office.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."

He sent this email at the beginning of February. So guys what can I do now? What's that meaning of that email? Will they create an application number or UCI for my spouse? Did they accept her application? Also I have another questions, so can I start sponsorship process for my wife or should I wait for their decision? How long will it take to get application number for my spouse? ( Because I have only her tracking number and it has delivered to IRCC Mississauga mailbox in December 15 ) Can they deny her application? Because I got my PR card and I am able to start sponsorship process, that's why I am asking. But I think so it can be risky to start second process ( sponsorship process ) for my wife.

Please note that: It's not an express entry

If possible please let me know guys and sorry for my English, I tried my best to explain my situation.

Thank you.

Star_hoor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hi guys,

I have an issue with " ADD ON " process. So, I went to Georgia ( as a protected person with refugee travel document ) and I got married on 12th of November in Georgia ( country ), so end of November I came back to Canada ( as a protected person with refugee travel document ) and I sent my wife's application on 13th of December to IRCC Mississauga office. Because I have to update my marital status and I need to add her on my PR application, that's why I sent her application. So I did it, but at the end of January, I got confirmation of my permanent residence paper as a single person, I mean they did not update my marital status on that paper ( confirmation of permanent residence paper ). In February I got my PR card, but IRCC did not say anything about her application. It's almost 3 month, I don't know anything about her application. I already paid her biometric fee and her permanent residence fee as well. When I got my confirmation of my permanent residence, I sent an email to IRCC with their webform to update my marital status, I sent my spouse's applications in PDF version by Webform as well. After one week one IRCC agent responded to my email and he sent this text to me:

" We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the change of marital status, documents and forms were received by the responsible office.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."

He sent this email at the beginning of February. So guys what can I do now? What's that meaning of that email? Will they create an application number or UCI for my spouse? Did they accept her application? Also I have another questions, so can I start sponsorship process for my wife or should I wait for their decision? How long will it take to get application number for my spouse? ( Because I have only her tracking number and it has delivered to IRCC Mississauga mailbox in December 15 ) Can they deny her application? Because I got my PR card and I am able to start sponsorship process, that's why I am asking. But I think so it can be risky to start second process ( sponsorship process ) for my wife.

Please note that: It's not an express entry

If possible please let me know guys and sorry for my English, I tried my best to explain my situation.

Thank you.
Hey friend, Congratulations on your marriage.

Did you get visa for Georgia?