+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abnormal chest xray - potential active tuberculosis

KH2112

Dec 24, 2020
Hi friends, Update on my situation :
Unfortunately i was diaognised with active tuberculosis. I began treatment since around end of April. They expect it to last 6 to 8 months.

Strain of tb i have is not the drug resistant one. This means that treament will hopefully last 6 to 8 months.
I first got put on 11pills daily and after a while they decreased it to 7.

My post graduate permit expires in December though and i'm wondering if it's going to affect my eligibility to apply for bridging open work permit? Anyone has any idea about that? I currently have a CEC application processing with my common law partner as accompanying..

Reactions: Seehrasimmi

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Unfortunately i was diaognised with active tuberculosis. I began treatment since around end of April. They expect it to last 6 to 8 months.

Strain of tb i have is not the drug resistant one. This means that treament will hopefully last 6 to 8 months.

My post graduate permit expires in December though and i'm wondering if it's going to affect my eligibility to apply for bridging open work permit? Anyone has any idea about that? I currently have a CEC application processing with my common law partner as accompanying..
You need to be in Canada to apply for BOWP. Rules may change but to enter Canada, you need to have a valid job offer or show you normally live in Canada (paying rent/utilities while out of the country.).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

The only requirement to submit the application for a BOWP is to have submitted an application for PR which you have. Hence, you can apply and continue working. However, I am hesitant to say whether your BOWP will be approved or not. I am not sure how IRCC manages these sort of situation when dealing with an applicant with active TB how's undergoing treatment in Canada. Regardless you can apply for BOWP when the time comes, you will be on implied status once your current permit expires and will be able to remain in Canada until your PR refused or your BOWP is refused OR, on the contrary, if either one is approved you will be able to stay in the country for longer or indefinitely.

Reactions: KH2112

arunbaliyan

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Hi Experienced, English is not good, I am PNP paper based applicant have valid job offer received MR on 15th Nov. Unfortunately the Clinic informed me that "My x-ray is not clear and has some old scar on my lungs. what do you think? everything has been finish or destroy?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Experienced, English is not good, I am PNP paper based applicant have valid job offer received MR on 15th Nov. Unfortunately the Clinic informed me that "My x-ray is not clear and has some old scar on my lungs. what do you think? everything has been finish or destroy?
It's not finished or destoryed. It means you need to complete additional tests before you can be approved for the work permit. Depending on the results of these tests, it may also mean you have to complete several months of treatment before your visa can be approved.

arunbaliyan

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
It's not finished or destoryed. It means you need to complete additional tests before you can be approved for the work permit. Depending on the results of these tests, it may also mean you have to complete several months of treatment before your visa can be approved.
Thanks for giving the hope

KH2112

Dec 24, 2020
The only requirement to submit the application for a BOWP is to have submitted an application for PR which you have. Hence, you can apply and continue working. However, I am hesitant to say whether your BOWP will be approved or not. I am not sure how IRCC manages these sort of situation when dealing with an applicant with active TB how's undergoing treatment in Canada. Regardless you can apply for BOWP when the time comes, you will be on implied status once your current permit expires and will be able to remain in Canada until your PR refused or your BOWP is refused OR, on the contrary, if either one is approved you will be able to stay in the country for longer or indefinitely.
Thanks for you input. I applied for BOWP and it got approved for a year :D. My treatment is supposed to finish in January 2022. Will update on what happens from there soon.

musaraza14

Jun 3, 2020

Hi Mate. I have gone through your comments and hope that you will recover once your treatment is completed. I request clarity on one point from your end, although I being an outland PNP/EE applicant, things might be different for me. Once they diagnosed you with TB, were you officially advised by IRCC to undergo treatment?
What I am worried about is that I would be submitting my PR application this week and the sputum sample collections would start from tomorrow for 3 days. The results would be out in Feb 2022, followed by a repeat Chest Xray in mid March 2022. God forbid, if I am diagnosed with TB (curable one), would IRCC reject my application right away or they would further refer me for treatment to their approved physician in my country and await for the final results of the treatment (6-8 months) and then make decision on my application processing? (The underlined scenario is quite unclear). Would appreciate your valuable input.

Ruben94

Nov 23, 2021
Thanks for you input. I applied for BOWP and it got approved for a year :D. My treatment is supposed to finish in January 2022. Will update on what happens from there soon.
HJe
Heyy bro. What did u write on the form on the background information regarding the TB on the last page(form imm5710) and did you ipload a letter of explanation wit your upfront medical?