+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Able to get visa extension?

Wahegurudeol2499

Apr 22, 2018
Hi there

I am int student and in last sem of my course...i have charged and pleaded guilty of possession of property UNDER 5000...currently on probation....am i be able to get visa extension?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Probably not but not much you can do other than apply, it depends on the immigration officer, be sure to answer truthfully on your application. Maybe see what your lawyer or an immigration lawyer suggests.

Wahegurudeol2499

Apr 22, 2018
Probably not but not much you can do other than apply, it depends on the immigration officer, be sure to answer truthfully on your application. Maybe see what your lawyer or an immigration lawyer suggests.
Thanku for your rply....I want to know that at the time i was charged with crime and pleaded guilty at that time i was alone here in canada ...didnot knew much how to deal because i was just booked by some persons as taxi driver and started pursuing crime at certain location which they asked me to drop and threatened me to stay with them ...when i pleaded guilty i didbot had money to take help from good lawyer and just pleaded guilty just to get rid of case not knowing consequences.

My question is should i explain this to visa officer as it would contraor only write SOP for saying that i did a mistake and plea for my mistake?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanku for your rply....I want to know that at the time i was charged with crime and pleaded guilty at that time i was alone here in canada ...didnot knew much how to deal because i was just booked by some persons as taxi driver and started pursuing crime at certain location which they asked me to drop and threatened me to stay with them ...when i pleaded guilty i didbot had money to take help from good lawyer and just pleaded guilty just to get rid of case not knowing consequences.

My question is should i explain this to visa officer as it would contraor only write SOP for saying that i did a mistake and plea for my mistake?
If you can afford it you should talk to a criminal lawyer about what can be done at this point maybe you can get the conviction overturned, not sure how much explanation in SOP will help.