Ability to stay in Canada after applying for Inland Spousal Sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Just one more question from an above reply. Suppose the OWP is denied and the Inland application is considered abandoned, can we apply or Outland spousal sponsorship? will the initial OWP denial and abandonment be a red flag and create issues in getting the Outland application approved? And also the fact that she got married while on a tourist visa.

This is like the last last resort for us, obviously. But I am trying to gather all the info I can.
As I already said, as long as the correct fees are paid and she has status when applying, the OWP will be approved. It is not a subjective application where they look at work experience, education etc. It is issued solely on the basis of an inland PR app being submitted.

The inland app isn't considered abandoned unless a person leaves Canada and is unable to return.

Reactions: frightenedpanda

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
As I already said, as long as the correct fees are paid and she has status when applying, the OWP will be approved. It is not a subjective application where they look at work experience, education etc. It is issued solely on the basis of an inland PR app being submitted.

The inland app isn't considered abandoned unless a person leaves Canada and is unable to return.
Got it! I really appreciate your help! God bless! :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Just one more question from an above reply. Suppose the OWP is denied and the Inland application is considered abandoned, can we apply or Outland spousal sponsorship? will the initial OWP denial and abandonment be a red flag and create issues in getting the Outland application approved? And also the fact that she got married while on a tourist visa.

This is like the last last resort for us, obviously. But I am trying to gather all the info I can.
You can reapply as outland but to be honest, I don't think that this is going to be necessary for your scenario. Just make sure you file a complete application, including all required fees and documents. If you have any questions, return here. We're happy to help. Most of us have been through at least one portion of the immigration system and will be able to provide input.

Reactions: frightenedpanda

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
You can reapply as outland but to be honest, I don't think that this is going to be necessary for your scenario. Just make sure you file a complete application, including all required fees and documents. If you have any questions, return here. We're happy to help. Most of us have been through at least one portion of the immigration system and will be able to provide input.
thanks so much! We do plan to hire an experienced immigration attorney so that there is no room for error in filing applications and paying the required fees.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanks so much! We do plan to hire an experienced immigration attorney so that there is no room for error in filing applications and paying the required fees.
Don't waste your money on a lawyer. It is a very straightforward app that the majority of us have done ourselves. Follow the checklist and guide and come here to the forum with any questions.

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Don't waste your money on a lawyer. It is a very straightforward app that the majority of us have done ourselves. Follow the checklist and guide and come here to the forum with any questions.
Got it. This is one of the many things I really like Canada for. Most application processes are very straightforward and very well explained step by step.

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
@canuck_in_uk @zardoz I have another question, please. My girlfriend already has a PR application in the process but her points are too low (430) so there is no realistic possibility of her getting an ITA anytime soon. If she manages to come to Canada on a tourist visa and we get married and apply for Inland Spousal Sponsorship along with the OWP. Will an existing PR application be a problem? Should she delete her PR profile before applying for the tourist visa?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
@canuck_in_uk @zardoz I have another question, please. My girlfriend already has a PR application in the process but her points are too low (430) so there is no realistic possibility of her getting an ITA anytime soon. If she manages to come to Canada on a tourist visa and we get married and apply for Inland Spousal Sponsorship along with the OWP. Will an existing PR application be a problem? Should she delete her PR profile before applying for the tourist visa?
Not a problem. The two applications are in different immigration classes and can run in parallel.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
She doesn't have a PR app in process. Having an EE profile is not an actual application and has zero effect on a sponsorship app.