+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aberta immigration under PNP

Jan 11, 2012
I applied for Alberta through PNP from US and it took them a year to start the processing and another year to approve the same. Right now Alberta has approved but its with the federal authorities in the final stages.

Now if I get a job offer in Alberta, do I still need a work permit ? if so how much time it takes ?

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
sureshabc12333 said:
I applied for Alberta through PNP from US and it took them a year to start the processing and another year to approve the same. Right now Alberta has approved but its with the federal authorities in the final stages.

Now if I get a job offer in Alberta, do I still need a work permit ? if so how much time it takes ?

Thanks
what do you mean " its with the federal authorities in the final stages." pls be specific so other folks can understand your circumstance and help you.

chris cool

Jun 10, 2010
Hello Suresh,

Yes, you would need a work permit if u have a job offer before u get your PR. I have experienced the same situation where the company has sponsored me the work permit, The company has to apply for LMO too which can be found on the CIC website (the whole process would take around 2-3 months for sure) if u r in IT filed than the client wouldn't wait for that time. As it happened in my case.

sureshabc12333 said:

Thanks

onlycbd

Dec 17, 2011
hi

my nomination at AINP PNP still my e-case status "Med Rec" But status is App Rec. my med don on 19th nov

pl guide me...

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
onlycbd said:
hi

my nomination at AINP PNP still my e-case status "Med Rec" But status is App Rec. my med don on 19th nov

pl guide me...

CONFUSING STATUS.. ECAS SHOULD GO IN SEQUENCE.. APP RECEIVED.. IN PROCESS.. (MEDS RECEIVED INSIDE) ETC ETC

onlycbd

Dec 17, 2011
hi

my med doc on 19th nov

ecase status change med have been rece on near 19th dec

as par bank statements rprf encase 8th dec.

but still no any updates