+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abandoning my citizenship application

raspotine007

Feb 28, 2013
I Got my PR card back in 2006, and renewed in 2011, but since 2008 i have been living abroad with my husband and son, they are both canadian citizens. I applied for my citizenship in 2010, but i abadoned my application because i found out that the days i spent outside canada with my husband doesnt' count because he doesn't work for the canada government, provincial or armed forces. my question is : on canada immigration website the application still show in process!! how long the immigration will keep my application ? and what shall i do to cancel the submitted citizenship application? cause as i mentioned above the number of days i counted in the application are wrong, i thought the days i spent with my husband over seas will count...i'm in no rush to apply again becasue i'm still residing overseas..
thanks in advance...
Scylla or LEON...ur response is very much appreciated and respected.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fax, mail or courier a letter (making sure to sign and date it) to CIC with your Client ID or other CIC reference number to withdraw your application - check their website for the relevant contact info. Do you have a reliable mail address in Canada? Have you never received any communication from CIC about your application since 2010?

You will get a portion of the application fee back via cheque by mail.

raspotine007

Feb 28, 2013
Hi msafiri, they sent me last year a letter asking for more papers but I never replied. So you think if I sent a letter requesting to withdraw my application will work? I have a mailing address in Canada.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You may not be in a rush to apply but by ignoring their letter you may have raised suspicions about your application. The proper thing would have been to send the additional documents if you had them and include a letter explaining your error and that you want to withdraw the application as you now realise you are not yet eligible.

raspotine007 said:
Hi msafiri, they sent me last year a letter asking for more papers but I never replied. So you think if I sent a letter requesting to withdraw my application will work? I have a mailing address in Canada.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raspotine007 said:
Yes you should still send a formal withdrawal of the application. Note that CIC may have classed the application as abandoned when you failed to respond to their letter. Make sure your next application is watertight..you likely have been flagged for a Residence Questionnaire in future applications.

raspotine007

Feb 28, 2013
can someone advise me is there a standard format letter that i should send to CIC to withdraw my citizenship application...any sample letters...as i mentioned befor the questionnaire forms that they sent me to fill and the papers they requested it will take me like a year to assemble and i dont have the time for that...
so kindly if someone have sample withdraw letter (that won't get me in trouble) pass it to me....thanks again for everyone

raspotine007

Feb 28, 2013
raspotine007 said:
can someone advise me is there a standard format letter that i should send to CIC to withdraw my citizenship application...any sample letters...as i mentioned befor the questionnaire forms that they sent me to fill and the papers they requested it will take me like a year to assemble and i dont have the time for that...
so kindly if someone have sample withdraw letter (that won't get me in trouble) pass it to me....thanks again for everyone
SenoritaBella said:
You may not be in a rush to apply but by ignoring their letter you may have raised suspicions about your application. The proper thing would have been to send the additional documents if you had them and include a letter explaining your error and that you want to withdraw the application as you now realise you are not yet eligible.
kindly advise if you have sample letter to formally withdraw my citizen application..thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no mandatory format to the letter as long as it makes reference to you and that you are withdrawing the application..something along the lines of:

your name
your address
date

CIC address

Ref: Your client number (8 digits from your PR Card)

Dear Sirs,

I hereby withdraw my Citizenship application filed on date xxxxx.

Yours Sincerely

Your Signature

Your printed name.