+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A75 Work Permit - Extension possible?

reeby

Jul 17, 2019
Dear all,

I just recently got my closed work permit based off of the A75 LMIA Exemption for certain CSQ holders. My question is two-fold:

a) Is it possible to re-do an A75 exempt work permit? The webpage states that to apply you must reside in quebec, have a valid CSQ, a valid work permit, and offer of employment. Assuming I can get the offer of employment, wouldn't I theoretically be able to reapply for an LMIA exempt closed work permit again?

b) If I am able to re-apply with through the A75 again, can i keep on working on my current job with the original employer while waiting for the new work permit with the different employer?

Thanks so much in advance for any information you can pass along :)

P.S. I applied for my federal stage of the PEQ PR application in November 2018.

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hi,

I am here in Canada on open work permit. Can anyone please help by answering are we allowed to open a company( incorporation for hourly basis job) in Canada on a work permit?

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
2 things: that is a Quebec specific thing and how is this connected to Self Employed visa applications..?

maanmukand

Oct 8, 2020
Dear all,

I just recently got my closed work permit based off of the A75 LMIA Exemption for certain CSQ holders. My question is two-fold:

a) Is it possible to re-do an A75 exempt work permit? The webpage states that to apply you must reside in quebec, have a valid CSQ, a valid work permit, and offer of employment. Assuming I can get the offer of employment, wouldn't I theoretically be able to reapply for an LMIA exempt closed work permit again?

b) If I am able to re-apply with through the A75 again, can i keep on working on my current job with the original employer while waiting for the new work permit with the different employer?

Thanks so much in advance for any information you can pass along :)

P.S. I applied for my federal stage of the PEQ PR application in November 2018.
Did you get answer for this?

Saz123

Aug 30, 2018
Hey guys,

i wish to apply for A-75 work permit. I want to include my wife also in the application. Should I put her in the same application as my dependent or should I apply myself first and later she apply after when I get mine

mrpollo

Sep 17, 2020
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
20-05-2019
AOR Received.
31-07-2019
Med's Request
18-01-2021
Med's Done....
02-02-2021
Hello,

According to CIC portal is possible to extend A75 work permit, (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html)

Validity limitation for extensions: If a permanent residence application is in process but has not been finalized, a work permit extension is considered on a case-by-case basis through the normal extension process at the case processing centre. The validity limitation on an extension past the original 2 years is 1 year. However, officers may use their discretion, depending on current processing times for Quebec skilled worker permanent residence applications.