+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A tricky scenario that need expertise advice for Spouse sponsor (possible undeclared family member ?)

Maple leaf in CA

Sep 1, 2022
Hello and thanks for everyone, please help me with the current urgent and tricky scenario if you really know or have experience, caused I need to make a decision soon:
my spouse was an international student with a study permit in Canada, and I had a work permit in Canada. We met each other in Canada around last Nov. At that time, my PR application had been under processing as a single applicant.

Then we moved to live together this Feb and decided to marry this Aug, and after 6 weeks of waiting, I received the marriage certificate around the end of Sep. Then I submitted two webforms immediately to IRCC to report my changes of marriage and request to add up my spouse to my current PR application with supporting documentation together. However, the webforms are quite slow to be processed and I never get connected successfully via the service call to inquiry. so I have to wait for further response.

Later in early of Oct, I also sent an email notification in particular to the original provincial immigration office about my marriage for good sake, however, the provincial office replied me shortly that they could not add my spouse to the original nomination certificate, and suggested me to seek IRCC for info about sponsor spouse.(actually, I got to know from friends that it is unnecessary to change anything on the original nomination after my PR submission). at that time, I was misunderstanding this message as my spouse would not be able to be included in my current PR application and only have to consider another sponsor stream future.

Afterward, I received my approval letter around the end of Oct but I only replied with my personal info only and then I received the eCoPR two weeks later early this month. but it still only included my info and marriage still "single"......etc. The tricky thing was that I received the confirmation notice from previous webforms only several days after my eCoPR, but seems there was nothing changed on my application status shows "complete" still.

So right now I am really upset what should I do now is the safest and right option? and also I hope to seek your kind advice on my concerns below as well:

1. If I chose to face and notify IRCC to rectify this, whether they reopen my case and withdraw my eCoPR? what makes me upset is not only my eCoPR would be withdrawn, but also ban me in the next five years for any new application.

2. if I chose to do nothing, is any risk in future if I filled the info about married and spouse info then when I plan to renew my PR status or apply for citizenship a few years later?

3. if I chose to do nothing, does my spouse supposed still available to apply for PR on his own via EE or other streams, right? but he still needs to list me as the spouse on his application form, is it ok or not?

4. I also ever consider to apply a super visit visa for my parents in future, and I am not sure whether that will open a window for IRCC to track me back even though I did not find anywhere to request my marriage and spouse as children and inviter..... but still have concerns and upset