+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a thalassemia dependent

Ajay D

Dec 7, 2019
Hi,
First of all, Immigration :
There are 50% chances of acceptance and approval. My two kids are having thal intermedia and I have passed all tests and interviews too and today I am at Canada.

When I was in the process, I also had a doubt and fear too. Agents do not have any idea about this. We disclosed everything during medical examination in India.

Expenses : In Canada (Ontario and other provinces too) health system is free. At present my kids are getting regular treatment and care at NO cost. Any required surgery (like spleenectomy) will not be charged at all.

Link of my earlier posts :
Google : Immigration Forum: MEDICAL INADMISSIBILITY-THALLASEMIA or Canada immigration thallasemia and visit the site. (I am not allowed here to post the links.)

so, don't worry apply...All the Best javascript:void(0);

Hi Sir,

I am a Thalassemia Major guy ,planning to apply PR , i had few questions , would be glad if you can help

What is the approx treatment cost of Thalassemia Major in Canada,is it covered under health care or we can get insurance

Do they accept people with Thalassemia Major via skilled worker PR process

Regards
Ajay

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Sir,

I am a Thalassemia Major guy ,planning to apply PR , i had few questions , would be glad if you can help

What is the approx treatment cost of Thalassemia Major in Canada,is it covered under health care or we can get insurance

Regards
Ajay
All depends on your current treatment and future treatment costs. If your costs are over 100k in 5 years you could be denied. Yes someone with thalasemia major could be refused.

Reactions: Ajay D

Manika Monga

Jul 12, 2020
From my posts :

Recently I got the PR VISA by the grace of God. The CHC has considered my case very positivly and took the best possible decision.

I am herewith mentioning the reference of my earlier TWO posts for all concerned.

Hopefully, it will be useful to others having similar situation.

1. MEDICAL INADMISSIBILITY - THALLASEMIA ???
Dtd.: 27-06-2008 [**.95.232.19] Total : 9 replies

2. REPOSTED:MEDICAL INADMISSIBILITY - THALLASEMIA ???
Dtd.: 03-07-2008 [**.95.234.115] Total : 4 replies

For further discussion and information, pl. post your comments. I will share my experience.

I had search a lot for the court decisions to support my application.

From the Canada federal court´s decisions on appeal/s

For the purpose of determining whether any person is or is likely to be a danger to public health or to public safety or whether the admission of any person would cause or might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demands on health or social services, the following factors shall be considered by a medical officer in relation to the nature, severity or probable duration of any disease, disorder, disability or other health impairment from which the person is suffering, namely,

a> any reports made by a medical practitioner with respect to the person;
b> the degree to which the disease, disorder, disability or other impairment may be communicated to other persons
c> whether medical surveillance is required for reasons of public health;
d> whether sudden incapacity or unpredictable or unusual behavior may create a danger to public safety;
e> whether the supply of health or social services that the person may require in Canada is limited to such an extent that :
1. the use of such services by the person might reasonably be expected to prevent or delay provision of those services to Canadian citizens or permanent residents, or
2. the use of such services may not be available or accessible to the person;
f> whether medical care or hospitalization is required;
g> whether potential employability or productivity is affected; and
h> whether prompt and effective medical treatment can be provided.

Still more from judgements....

However, it is not sufficient to only consider the question of cost. The concept of "excessive demands" in the Act is related to the question of supply and demand of health services in Canada.

One possible fallacy in connection with service costs requires mention. We have tended to assume that highly complex investigation or treatment is necessarily costly, when it is not always so.

The facility as a whole may be expensive in terms of reaching the stage of ?readiness to serve?. Once it is established, however, the additional cost of treating a few extra patients may be negligible. An example is the haematology unit in which both professional and technical personnel are paid by salary, and the cost of material used for treating, say, sickle cell anemia, may be quite small. On the other hand, open-heart surgery may use expensive expendable materials, and some of the large surgical team may be paid on a fee-for-service basis.

ALLLLLLL THE BESTTTTT

Hi, how can I contact you in person? If possible.

Manika Monga

Jul 12, 2020
Hi Sir,

Regards
Ajay

Hi ajay
I have this same question. If your questions have been fully satisfied I would highly glad if you could help me as well.

Thankyou
Regards
Manika

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She has to undergo blood transfusion after every 15-18 days. Else she is absolutely normal physically and mentally
Unfortunately that will likely put her above the excessive demand threshold. However she can certainly try. There's still some possibility she may be successful.

ahsan_thala

Sep 6, 2021
thanks for the replies from Scylla and Leon....

She is generally healthy and we don't foresee any surgeries for her in he near future. She only needs her regular medical check-up and blood transfusions every 4-5 weeks, as for her medication, we planned to get from our home country if the Canadian health care doesn't cover her. Would this plan increase our chance of being admissible to Canada?

How and where can I check out the cost for medical check-up and blood transfusion cost involved?

Pls help!!!!!!!!!!!

TY in advanced
Have you got the PR brother, Please reply as im also applying for PR and Im thalassemia Major patient, will i be denied ?

ahsan_thala

Sep 6, 2021
Hi,
First of all, Immigration :
There are 50% chances of acceptance and approval. My two kids are having thal intermedia and I have passed all tests and interviews too and today I am at Canada.

When I was in the process, I also had a doubt and fear too. Agents do not have any idea about this. We disclosed everything during medical examination in India.

Expenses : In Canada (Ontario and other provinces too) health system is free. At present my kids are getting regular treatment and care at NO cost. Any required surgery (like spleenectomy) will not be charged at all.

Link of my earlier posts :
Google : Immigration Forum: MEDICAL INADMISSIBILITY-THALLASEMIA or Canada immigration thallasemia and visit the site. (I am not allowed here to post the links.)

so, don't worry apply...All the Best javascript:void(0);
Dear im a thalassemia major patient what do you suggest should i apply for PR, will i be accepted ??.. Please reply and what documents i shall attach as iam very well managed and do not require any surgeries, just need of regular blood transfusion