Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hello all senior members,

I have a question regarding a link of medical expiry date and visa date on passport.

One of my friend got visa stamped from LVO and the expiry date on passport is Dec2015

my friend did his medical 1 year before in Sep2014, we all know that that visa expiry is 1 year from the date of medical or passport expiry date which ever comes first.

Now the question is can he travel in Nov2015 i.e 1 month prior from his visa expiry date
OR
He has to travel in Sep2015 before his actual medical expiry date?

Will his landing be detained on immigration desk due to his medical are expired when entering Canada?

Do the officer check his medical or if his medical date also appears on the immigration counter?

Did any member faced this situation before?

An urgent and experienced advice is needed

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
masood8 said:

I have a question regarding a link of medical expiry date and visa date on passport.

One of my friend got visa stamped from LVO and the expiry date on passport is Dec2015

my friend did his medical 1 year before in Sep2014, we all know that that visa expiry is 1 year from the date of medical or passport expiry date which ever comes first.

Now the question is can he travel in Nov2015 i.e 1 month prior from his visa expiry date
OR

Will his landing be detained on immigration desk due to his medical are expired when entering Canada?

Do the officer check his medical or if his medical date also appears on the immigration counter?

The expiry date on the COPR is the only one that matters. It should be identical to the one on the IM-1 visa if one was placed in the passport.

much_mann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
You have answered your own questions when you stated that medical and passport expiry dates determines the visa validity date (whichever comes first)

Medical was done in Sept 2014, thus the validity date on the visa will be Sept 2015 when issued.

As Zardoz stated above, the validity date will be stated on the visa and CoPR and will also be mentioned in your passport request letter.

Your friend has to travel before the validity date indicated.

masood8 said:

OR