+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Strong Visa Application

Chandu_

Oct 4, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I want to invite my brother in law and sister in law to Canada on a visitor visa from Pakistan. I am willing to write them a letter of invitation to facilitate the process of visa. Can any body tell me what documents should be part of the application to make it a strong application. I am talking about the following points in particular (as from CIC web):

-Convince an immigration officer that you have ties- such as a job, home, financial assets or family- that will take you back to your home country
-Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- Have enough money for your stay

I am just curious to know what documents to include with the application to make it a strong one. They will be staying with myself and I'll bear all the expenses.
Seniors, please share your personal experiences.

Thanks and best regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I want to invite my brother in law and sister in law to Canada on a visitor visa from Pakistan. I am willing to write them a letter of invitation to facilitate the process of visa. Can any body tell me what documents should be part of the application to make it a strong application. I am talking about the following points in particular (as from CIC web):

-Convince an immigration officer that you have ties- such as a job, home, financial assets or family- that will take you back to your home country
-Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- Have enough money for your stay

I am just curious to know what documents to include with the application to make it a strong one. They will be staying with myself and I'll bear all the expenses.
Seniors, please share your personal experiences.

Thanks and best regards
1. They need to show that they can afford to come to Canada. So they show their own funds (cash in the bank). You can invite them and say they are staying with you but stating you will bear all expenses, doesn’t bode well with IRCC. Their funds should show that they can stay for xx amount of days without using all their savings. So they include their bank statements over the past 4 months. You can include your bank statements but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them. Better if your spouse provides letter with her bank statements.
2. Ties to return home and leave- job letter with approved leave, business registrations with client contracts, income property, family staying behind (children).
3. Travel history - US, UK, NZ or AUS (approved visas)

- Their own Bank statements over past 4 months
- Approved leave from employer stating how long worked for that employer and salary
- Income property documents
- Business registration and tax documents (if running a business)
- Birth certificates of any children not coming
- Letter of invitation: why they are visiting Canada, length of visit and itinerary. Say they will be staying with you but they are bearing their own expenses.