+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A sticky situation

Britishfrog

Mar 1, 2017
So I got an ITA today, along with hundreds of others on these forums. Congrats to you all!

However I could really use some guidance as to how to approach this properly. I'm sitting at 437 points, but I haven't yet recieved a valid job offer which as I understand it means I need to rely on having a proof of funds of $12,300 (in canadian dollars). I wasn't expecting to receive an ITA so soon, so my parents have offered to gift me this sum of money for me to springboard my life in Canada. No strings attached. I'm a lucky guy :D However as you may now see this puts me in a sticky situation. It will be a large red flag on my profile to have a sum of money dropped in just before submission.

How should I approach this? Should I attempt to forge on ahead? As I understand it there is a list of documents I can provide to help my case:

• Affidavit / Notarized Self declaration from the donor: Confirming transfer of funds as a gift.
    Notarized Gift Deed : confirming that the said gift was accepted.
    Bank Statements highlighting transfer of funds
    Letter of Explanation : Explaining the whole situation, different supporting documents and transaction details

Or alternatively, should I decline the offer, return to the pool and submit only when I have a valid job offer? The downside to this is it is harder for me to get a job offer with out a complete visa, and I would have to tell any potential employers that I cannot work for 5-6 months (application time as it stands?)

Is there anything else I'm missing, or should be thinking about? You guys are the experts, and your opinions are valued and appreciated.

A

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
1. Gift Deed with affidavit is the only safe option I see in your case with a valid LOE
2. You dont need a valid job offer to be in the EE pool

Britishfrog

Mar 1, 2017
Thank you Srushti! Do you happen to know how likely it would be to be accepted?

Also if I was to receive a job offer after submitting my ITA with a proof of funds, can I update that application so that the proof of funds is no longer needed?

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Britishfrog said:
Thank you Srushti! Do you happen to know how likely it would be to be accepted?

Also if I was to receive a job offer after submitting my ITA with a proof of funds, can I update that application so that the proof of funds is no longer needed?
The term "valid job offer" is a bit tricky as it means to have a positive LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment), not just having a job.
Many companies shy away from going through all the paper work for LMIA - believe me, I went through many job interviews and rejections before I made one lucky catch.

In your case go with what Srushti said. I agree 100% with that.
I would imagine you are not the only case where parents support their kids financially with a gift. Just proof that it is a gift!

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of EE ;)