+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A semester off and left canada

Esz

Nov 18, 2015
I took a semester off due to family reason. The university gave me a letter in case of questioning at the Border. Now I have a new offer of admission for summer semester. I want to know, can I go back to Canada with new admission and my current study permit? :'(
Thank you

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes as long as your study permit is not expired any time soon.
you can come back with your study permit.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Esz said:
I took a semester off due to family reason. The university gave me a letter in case of questioning at the Border. Now I have a new offer of admission for summer semester. I want to know, can I go back to Canada with new admission and my current study permit? :'(
Thank you

Post June 2014, your school is bound to report your status to CIC in case of discontinued studies. And, IO at POE need only your UCI number to find out your status on system.

Esz

Nov 18, 2015
J5M said:
Hi,

Post June 2014, your school is bound to report your status to CIC in case of discontinued studies. And, IO at POE need only your UCI number to find out your status on system.
Hi, thanks for ur reply.

so you mean, even if I inform cic that I will attend another DLI for summer, I can not enter with my current study permit?
for the rime being I am student at my current university, so if I go back to canada for winter term, probably there is no problem at POE. As you said, the school report cic about discontinuing studies, Do you think it will make trouble for me to enter with the new offer of admission? thx a lot.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/droping-a-semester-t148099.0.html

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
The only way to find out for certain is to contact CIC. My guess is that your visa is cancelled and you have to reapply.