+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question to PMM regarding the name on citizenship application

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
Hello,
I sent my citizenship application on Sep 04,2011...I received the acknowledgement letter but they putted my first name as my last name and my last name as my first name. I called CIC they told that on my file they have same name....So what should I do??? Should I mention this when I will be giving the citizenship test???
Regards,
KingMaker

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kingmaker said:
Hello,
I sent my citizenship application on Sep 04,2011...I received the acknowledgement letter but they putted my first name as my last name and my last name as my first name. I called CIC they told that on my file they have same name....So what should I do??? Should I mention this when I will be giving the citizenship test???
Regards,
KingMaker
You have to get it changed. Send proof of your proper name again.

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
Hi,
I have already sent the proof with my citizenship application, like passport copy and driver's license copy...Should I call them again...???
King Maker

Phan

May 29, 2008
My husbands first PR card had a similar problem. It was a long and silly process to get it changed.

It all depends on the ROL (record of landing) and who made the error. In our case the ROL was also wrong and we had to do an application to amend the ROL. Then we had to apply for a new PR card. Whole process took over a year. We had to pay fees because they determined it was our error.

In your case, whatever is on the PR card should be what they have. If not, it may be simple to fix. If your PR card is wrong, I would look into fixing it ASAP right away.

Good Luck