+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a question about study permit

zhenyu

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone

I currently studying a PG diploma in a university, and I will graduate in July. After I finished my study in my university, i will go to a college in Saskatchewan. My question is do i need to renew my study permit if i want to study at the new college? (my study permit still valid after i graduate from my university)

Many thanks

Zhen

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
zhenyu said:
Hello everyone

I currently studying a PG diploma in a university, and I will graduate in July. After I finished my study in my university, i will go to a college in Saskatchewan. My question is do i need to renew my study permit if i want to study at the new college? (my study permit still valid after i graduate from my university)

Many thanks

Zhen

May i know which university is offering PG Diploma?

zhenyu

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
May i know which university is offering PG Diploma?
vancouver island university is the one that i am studying at,it provides pg diploma of business.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(my study permit still valid after i graduate from my university)
How come? You got SP for a longer period of time than your initial program length?

Call CIC because as on June 1, 2014 if you change a program you HAVE to inform CIC but I am not sure if have to do that in case you want to continue studying.

zhenyu

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
How come? You got SP for a longer period of time than your initial program length?

Call CIC because as on June 1, 2014 if you change a program you HAVE to inform CIC but I am not sure if have to do that in case you want to continue studying.
hi

yes, my sp is 2years. because when i applied my sp, i had to study ESL courses in viu. But after i got my sp, my ielts mark has met viu`s demand so i only need to study there for one year.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

zhenyu said:
Hello everyone

Many thanks

Zhen

After 1st June, your SP will become invalid after 90 days following you complete your studies.

zhenyu

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
J5M said:
Hi,

After 1st June, your SP will become invalid after 90 days following you complete your studies.
hi

this is the website about study permit new rules:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

it said this does not apply to those SP holders who received their SP before June 1. So it makes me puzzled.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

zhenyu said:
hi

this is the website about study permit new rules: cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

it said this does not apply to those SP holders who received their SP before June 1. So it makes me puzzled.

Section 222 of 16 (90 days rules!) of IRPR Act is applicable in all cases (including you).

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regulatory amendment to require study after arrival in Canada

To address those students who may switch from longer to shorter-term programs under the same study permit, or who finish studies early, and who therefore may still hold a valid study permit despite no longer studying, under these Regulations a study permit will become invalid on the day that is 90 days following the completion of studies. Those students would also no longer be authorized to remain in Canada unless they also hold a valid work permit or other form of authorization to remain.
http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2014/2014-02-12/html/sor-dors14-eng.php