+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question about IELTS !

meishi

Apr 6, 2018
Dear all,

I am aiming to score CLB 9 which means that I have to score 8.0 in listening section and 7.0 in the rest of the sections. I have taken IELTS academic twice before . I am taking Cambridge IETLS practice tests and getting 30-32 answers correct most of the time.

I have this question for those who achieved 8.0 band score in listening and my question is : when did you feel that you are ready to take IELTS and would score 8.0 band in listening , was it because you got 35 out 40 answers correct on taking Cambridge practice test or something else ?

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Dear all,

I am aiming to score CLB 9 which means that I have to score 8.0 in listening section and 7.0 in the rest of the sections. I have taken IELTS academic twice before . I am taking Cambridge IETLS practice tests and getting 30-32 answers correct most of the time.

I have this question for those who achieved 8.0 band score in listening and my question is : when did you feel that you are ready to take IELTS and would score 8.0 band in listening , was it because you got 35 out 40 answers correct on taking Cambridge practice test or something else ?
After doing couple of practice test pretty well, and I mean better than 35/40 here. Maybe aim for 38-39/40. That's how I went ahead. Good luck.

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Dear all,

I felt safe after accomplishing between 38-40 / 40 on a good sequence of simulated tests.

Reactions: fridge03