+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question about FSW 67 points and ITA

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have a question about FSW 67 points and ITA.
I got NOI in April 2017 and I will have 994 points if I get nominated. My FSW points are 68. Now my question is that my birthday in September 2018 will take my FSW points to less than 67, if the nomination takes long. Will IRCC still give me ITA even if I have 994 points but less than FSW 67 points or would there be any age exemption by IRCC?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The 67 makes you eligible. If you can't make 67, your 900+ points mean nothing

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
The 67 makes you eligible. If you can't make 67, your 900+ points mean nothing
Okay thanks. But what do you understand by this reply I got from OINP?

"Accordingly this exemption will apply to those individuals whose ranking may change due to age from the time an invitation to apply to OINP was sent and receipt of the APR application."

Thank you for your inquiry.

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive an invitation to apply (ITA) and the time they submit an application for permanent residence (APR) could lose points that were awarded to them for their age, which is one criterion used to establish their rank relative to other Express Entry candidates, and to determine their eligibility to receive an invitation to apply. Applications can be refused for this reason despite the applicant’s ability to meet regulatory requirements of the economic immigration program for which they have applied.

A temporary public policy will permit the exemption of candidates from application of section 11.2 of the IRPA only if the loss of eligibility or qualification has occurred due to aging of the applicant between the submission of an invitation by IRCC and the receipt of the resulting application by IRCC.

Accordingly this exemption will apply to those individuals whose ranking may change due to age from the time an invitation to apply to OINP was sent and receipt of the APR application.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
It says u will not lose eligibility if ur age goes up during the course of getting an ITA and applying.

It also says only in case where u lose points by age it should'nt b a problem

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jackdawn said:
It says u will not lose eligibility if ur age goes up during the course of getting an ITA and applying.

It also says only in case where u lose points by age it should'nt b a problem
Thank you jackdawn.

So what you are saying is that after getting nominated, I will be eligible for ITA even is my points may become less than 67 because of my age, as
age is the only exempt factor?
Do you have similar situation?

suazo

Apr 3, 2016
hello everyone, I recieved ITA under FSW stream which requires 67points. My question is I calculated the point parameters for the Fsw and it looks like I have 71 out of 100 points meaning I Qualify. My question is the education part to claim the 5 points for adaptability. I finished the Master of Business Afministration program here in canada but the program was accelerated and was for 16months. Not upto 2 years. There was no semester break with this program. It was all school. I guess I can also claim the 5 points for adaptability right?
I have a letter from my school that states the MBA was 16months accelerated with no breaks and the MBA can also be considered a two year program. Without the 5 points extra my point is 66. Please let me know your opinion.
Thanks