+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question about EE under FSWP

forzara

Jan 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and my question might be a little weird, but I highly appreciate if you experts help me with the following matter:

Before submitting an express entry profile, I assessed my eligibility, and CIC website confirmed that I am eligible to do so, however, after filling out express entry profile, shortly I received a message saying that I am not eligible for express entry. I filled out the profile three times and received the same message every time. This is totally weird to me since I have assessed my score under Federal Skilled Worker Program and I am sure that I meet the minimum eligibility criteria (i.e., my score is 69 out of 100. The minimum eligibility criteria is 67). I called CIC twice and the agents on the phone couldn't help me and told me to fill out a web form and explain my problem there. I did so twice and the answers I received were totally irrelevant to my problem.

I am completely confused and freaked out and don't know what to do! I don't know what is wrong with my express entry profile.
I appreciate if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions or even the same experiences.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing from you!
Zara

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well let's see:

1 - Do you have a year of continuous full-time work experience in your Primary NOC?
2 - What is your Primary NOC?
3 - How much work experience do you have in such NOC?
4 - What are your language scores?
5 - Do you meet the minimum required funds?
6 - Have you assessed your foreign educational credentials (this question is assuming you do not have any Canadian studies).
7 - If possible post a breakdown of your calculation under the six selection factors of the FSW program.

Reactions: forzara

forzara

Jan 15, 2018
Well let's see:

1 - Do you have a year of continuous full-time work experience in your Primary NOC?
2 - What is your Primary NOC?
3 - How much work experience do you have in such NOC?
4 - What are your language scores?
5 - Do you meet the minimum required funds?
6 - Have you assessed your foreign educational credentials (this question is assuming you do not have any Canadian studies).
7 - If possible post a breakdown of your calculation under the six selection factors of the FSW program.
Thanks for your early reply.
1- I do have a year of continuous full-time work experience (foreign experience) in my primary NOC.
2- My primary NOC is 2131-Civil Engineers.
3- I have ONE year experience.
4- I took CELPIP test in August and my scores are: Speaking:8 Writing:8 Listening:11 Reading:10
5- The fund I entered was 20000 CAD.
6- Yes, I've assessed my foreign educational credentials.
7- The breakdown of my calculation under the six selection factors of the FSW program are as follows:
Language testing: 20 out of 24 points;
Education: 23 out of 25 points (Master's degree);
Experience: 9 out of 15 points (one year);
Arranged employment in Canada: 0 out of 10 points;
Adaptability: 5 out of 10 points (Past study in Canada. I am in my forth year of PhD program and have not completed my degree yet.)

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1- I do have a year of continuous full-time work experience (foreign experience) in my primary NOC.
4- I took CELPIP test in August and my scores are: Speaking:8 Writing:8 Listening:11 Reading:10
7- The breakdown of my calculation under the six selection factors of the FSW program are as follows:
Adaptability: 5 out of 10 points (Past study in Canada. I am in my forth year of PhD program and have not completed my degree yet.)
So far everything looks good, couple more questions.

1 - Can you state your exact period of employment.
2 - How many hours per week did you work?

Also, you have 22 points under the education section of the six selection factors.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
To add on to DelPiero's message:
- What province did you select?
- Did you check what you indicated for the number of hours you worked per WEEK? A lot of persons accidentally put 8 (the number of hours they worked per DAY), instead of 37.5 or 40 (or a 'full-time' equivalent number), resulting in the system not calculating your years of full-time work experience correctly

forzara

Jan 15, 2018
So far everything looks good, couple more questions.

1 - Can you state your exact period of employment.
2 - How many hours per week did you work?

Also, you have 22 points under the education section of the six selection factors.
1- Period of employment: May 2013 to May 2014
2- 44 hours per week

As for the education section, why would it be 22 points? I have university degree at the Master's level and in the link I checked it said it's 23 points (I'm wondering).

forzara

Jan 15, 2018
To add on to DelPiero's message:
- What province did you select?
- Did you check what you indicated for the number of hours you worked per WEEK? A lot of persons accidentally put 8 (the number of hours they worked per DAY), instead of 37.5 or 40 (or a 'full-time' equivalent number), resulting in the system not calculating your years of full-time work experience correctly
Thank you for your reply. I selected Ontario.
As for the number of hours, yes, I indicated 44 hours per week.:(

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1- Period of employment: May 2013 to May 2014
2- 44 hours per week

As for the education section, why would it be 22 points? I have university degree at the Master's level and in the link I checked it said it's 23 points (I'm wondering).
I meant language skills - You have CLB 9 in two sections and CLB 8 in the other two - that's 22 points not 20.

Try creating a dummy profile stating that you've finished your Canadian PHD. I have a feeling you are not getting the 5 points under adaptability and thus falling short by one point under the six selection factors.

forzara

Jan 15, 2018
I meant language skills - You have CLB 9 in two sections and CLB 8 in the other two - that's 22 points not 20.

Try creating a dummy profile stating that you've finished your Canadian PHD. I have a feeling you are not getting the 5 points under adaptability and thus falling short by one point under the six selection factors.
Oh, thanks for correcting the language skills point, I thought I would not get the points for CLB 9 as long as I don't earn CLB 9 in ALL my sections.

Would creating a dummy profile affect my history of activities in CIC negatively? Actually, I had this thought in mind, but I didn't do it because I was afraid of ruining my history. Also, from my understanding, in the explanations under this selection factor (Adaptability), it's not necessary to finish your degree since it does not mention having a "Credential" or a "degree". It just says "finishing at least two years of full-time study"......?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, thanks for correcting the language skills point, I thought I would not get the points for CLB 9 as long as I don't earn CLB 9 in ALL my sections.

Would creating a dummy profile affect my history of activities in CIC negatively? Actually, I had this thought in mind, but I didn't do it because I was afraid of ruining my history. Also, from my understanding, in the explanations under this selection factor (Adaptability), it's not necessary to finish your degree since it does not mention having a "Credential" or a "degree". It just says "finishing at least two years of full-time study"......?
A dummy profile won't have any effect in the actual application that you'll submit later on. If this dummy profile ends up being eligible then you can withdraw it at any time.

I agree with you that it is not specifically stated whether you must have a degree but at this point I do not see another possible reason for having an ineligible profile.

forzara

Jan 15, 2018
A dummy profile won't have any effect in the actual application that you'll submit later on. If this dummy profile ends up being eligible then you can withdraw it at any time.

I agree with you that it is not specifically stated whether you must have a degree but at this point I do not see another possible reason for having an ineligible profile.
Thank you. I'll call CIC again to check with them the points under Adaptability section. Hopefully, this time I'll get a helpful response from them:(.
Another quick question: when filling out the education section in EE profile, do we have to enter our high school information as well? I'd entered just my undergrad and Master's information since I had assessed my foreign educational credentials only for these two and not for my high school.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. I'll call CIC again to check with them the points under Adaptability section. Hopefully, this time I'll get a helpful response from them:(.
Another quick question: when filling out the education section in EE profile, do we have to enter our high school information as well? I'd entered just my undergrad and Master's information since I had assessed my foreign educational credentials only for these two and not for my high school.
No, there is no need to mention your high school info, it is completely irrelevant.

Urey

Nov 9, 2021
Hello all! I have got a question regarding the six skills tool for the FSW EE I need to resolve. My profile has been confirmed ineligibile recently. If one has a work experience which is not continuous but is more than 2 years in duration in total, does that experience count as 2-3 years for the six skills points calculation tool or only the one that was continuous will be considered and the others won't add to it?