+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Mistake/Missing Information on my online application

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
My application is in progress and have been stuck with security clearance for awhile. Today I decided to check my application that I submitted (I have a copy of it downloaded on my laptop) and I noticed that I have understood question #13 wrong and I didn't mentioned the countries that I visit (like Schengen visa/student visa), I only mentioned the country of citizenship! and THIS explain why I'm stuck with Security Clearance/Background check.

The question is: **Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?**

Is there anything I can do to solve it. Do I have to submit IRCC form with explanation letter or call IRCC directly or better just wait and do nothing.

Please advise.

wink

May 25, 2021
My application is in progress and have been stuck with security clearance for awhile. Today I decided to check my application that I submitted (I have a copy of it downloaded on my laptop) and I noticed that I have understood question #13 wrong and I didn't mentioned the countries that I visit (like Schengen visa/student visa), I only mentioned the country of citizenship! and THIS explain why I'm stuck with Security Clearance/Background check.

The question is: **Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?**

Is there anything I can do to solve it. Do I have to submit IRCC form with explanation letter or call IRCC directly or better just wait and do nothing.

Please advise.
If I were you, I would let IRCC know immediately that I made a mistake (due to misunderstanding of the question) and provide the missed out details. I would not choose the "do nothing" option.

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
If I were you, I would let IRCC know immediately that I made a mistake (due to misunderstanding of the question) and provide the missed out details. I would not choose the "do nothing" option.
I just did called IRCC and the agent said to just wait if the office will request extra Information/documents.

Also, I attached all my passport pages when I submit my application and it shows all the visas and stamps.

Reactions: wink

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

Please advise.
Opinion is divided on this - my personal belief is that IRCC want to know if you had the right to 'reside' in a country - ie resident / student which would allow you to earn a living in that country, but not a tourist which does not have right to work/ reside in a country. It is unlikely your Security Clearance is held up because you did not declare a tourist visa.

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Opinion is divided on this - my personal belief is that IRCC want to know if you had the right to 'reside' in a country - ie resident / student which would allow you to earn a living in that country, but not a tourist which does not have right to work/ reside in a country. It is unlikely your Security Clearance is held up because you did not declare a tourist visa.
Thank you for the reply. I had 1 student visa 15 years ago, I will send a webform with all the visas just incase.