+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A lot of question about applying Online!!!

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Hi guys, how do you do?
I'm planning to apply for a visitor visa online but I have a lot of questions about that since it will be my first time to apply online, and I hope I will get a clear answer.

0- If I want to apply for my son who is 22 years old but he is still depending on me, should I create a new account for him? or I can just put his application in my account too?

1- Can I just take a clear photo for some documents like my passport and its contents (Visas, entries), and some other papers or all of them have to be scanned?

2- Can I upload more than one file in each "Support documents" that are requested for me?. For example, "Proof of Means of Financial Support" My bank statement has more than one paper, and I want to upload some other papers that prove I have some properties... so can I upload each thing in separate PDF files or ....?!

3- In the travel history, I will use IMM 5562e form, so if I have visited a country more than one time in the last 10 years, should I write it more than one time? or should I upload a note about that using the Word 2019 and upload it separately?.... what about the visas should I take a picture for them and upload them alone?

4- The "Digital Photo" should I just take a picture of my photo and upload it? because how can it be scanned?

5- In the family Information (IMM5645) They say I have to write my family members' names in English and in my native language... how can I do that?! and if there isn't enough space for one more member, what can I do?

6- the letter of explanation and any other letters I want to write... can I just write them in the Word 2019 like when I write anything or it has to be academic writing?

7- after I fill out the form and sign them using Adobe Acrobat... should I just save them and upload them?

8- can I start to fill out a form and continue filling it out another day?

9- can I delete an uploaded file if I discover I miss something and upload it again?

10- Is it okay if some of the papers in French and others in English? For instance, the purpose of the visit and some other papers will be written in French but the forms will be in English.

I hope I will get a detailed explanation for each of my questions... and thank you.

Last edited:

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi guys, how do you do?
I'm planning to apply for a visitor visa online but I have a lot of questions about that since it will be my first time to apply online, and I hope I will get a clear answer.
0- If I want to apply for my son who is 22 years old but he is still depending on me, should I create a new account for him? or I can just put his application in my account too?
I'm not quite sure if you can create the GCKey account and just attach your sons application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=425&top=16
1- Can I just take a clear photo for some documents like my passport and its contents (Visas, entries), and some other papers or all of them have to be scanned?
Your call. As long as the images are clear. You wouldn't want the visa officer not being able to read or see clearly the images due to poor quality.
2- Can I upload more than one file in each "Support documents" that are requested for me?. For example, "Proof of Means of Financial Support" My bank statement has more than one paper, and I want to upload some other papers that prove I have some properties... so can I upload each thing in separate PDF files or ....?!
Please read the guidelines on the site. It specifically mentioned to upload one file. Regardless how many pages your bank statement and properties are you need to collate all documents in a single pdf file. You can search the internet how to merge pdf files.
3- In the travel history, I will use IMM 5562e form, so if I have visited a country more than one time in the last 10 years, should I write it more than one time? or should I upload a note about that using the Word 2019 and upload it separately?
On the forms you need to indicate your past travels even if you've been to a particular country multiple times or the interval is just weeks. They ask for history so you declare all your travels.
.... what about the visas should I take a picture for them and upload them alone?
On the Travel History category you need to upload scanned passports, visas, entry and exit stamps of your travel for the past 10 years. Again collated in one file.
4- The "Digital Photo" should I just take a picture of my photo and upload it? because how can it be scanned?
No need to scan. Just upload the jpeg/jpg format.
5- In the family Information (IMM5645) They say I have to write my family members' names in English and in my native language... how can I do that?! and if there isn't enough space for one more member, what can I do?
On all required forms, if you feel that the space is not enough, you can create a Word document about it. Label it properly. On the Letter of Explanation you need to attach it and mention that you attached this document as the space for the form is not enough.
6- the letter of explanation and any other letters I want to write... can I just write them in the Word 2019 like when I write anything or it has to be academic writing?
You can write it in Word. You can check other website for format. Think of it as talking to the visa officer.
7- after I fill out the form and sign them using Adobe Acrobat... should I just save them and upload them?
You call. In the end you need to attach/submit the required forms anyway.
8- can I start to fill out a form and continue filling it out another day?
Yes.
9- can I delete an uploaded file if I discover I miss something and upload it again
Yes, as long as you haven't submitted the application.
10- Is it okay if some of the papers in French and others in English? For instance, the purpose of the visit and some other papers will be written in French but the forms will be in English.
I have no idea.

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Thanks for your reply...

Your call. As long as the images are clear. You wouldn't want the visa officer not being able to read or see clearly the images due to poor quality.
you mean "You can"? I'm happy to hear that because I really can't scan my passport.

On the forms you need to indicate your past travels even if you've been to a particular country multiple times or the interval is just weeks. They ask for history so you declare all your travels.
you mean I have to write the country fourth? for example, the first time is in 2014 and the second time is in 2016 and the third time was in .... and so on?

On the Travel History category you need to upload scanned passports, visas, entry and exit stamps of your travel for the past 10 years. Again collated in one file.
Well, that's not possible because I don't have my old passports but I will mention all the countries I have visited in the form and take pictures for the visas, entry and exit stamps in my current passport... is that okay?

On all required forms, if you feel that the space is not enough, you can create a Word document about it. Label it properly. On the Letter of Explanation you need to attach it and mention that you attached this document as the space for the form is not enough.
I don't understand... how can I use the Word to do that? I don't get the way at all?... and how can I write the names in my native language? should I write them in English first and under them in my native language in the same box?

You call. In the end you need to attach/submit the required forms anyway.
I mean... no need to print them out in papers? because some of them don't allow you to sign while you have to sign, so I'm planning to fill them out and print them in a PDF form and sign them using Adobe Acrobat.

No need to scan. Just upload the jpeg/jpg format.
you mean I have to take a photo to it first and upload it with jpeg/jpg format? because I have it on my wallet, not on my computer...

Please read the guidelines on the site. It specifically mentioned to upload one file. Regardless how many pages your bank statement and properties are you need to collate all documents in a single pdf file. You can search the internet how to merge pdf files.
you mean... collecting all the pages in one PDF? it's okay here but how about if there is a form? should I just add other pages and pictures to it? like On the Travel History category for example?!

Another question, I have an ID that proves my residence in this county because I'm not in my home country...so into which category should I upload it?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
You can take photo. Again let me remind you that you need to collate them in 1 file (example Travel History)
"you mean I have to write the country fourth? for example, the first time is in 2014 and the second time is in 2016 and the third time was in .... and so on?"
Yes
Well, that's not possible because I don't have my old passports but I will mention all the countries I have visited in the form and take pictures for the visas, entry and exit stamps in my current passport... is that okay?
How can you prove that you've been to a country for the past 10 years if you do not have an old passport with stamps on it to show? The copies of your visa, entry and exit stamps are your proof to the travels declared on the forms.
If no old passport, you can explain this on the letter of explanation. Mention that you lost your old passport, instead you have photos to prove that you travelled (this is an example).
5- In the family Information (IMM5645) They say I have to write my family members' names in English and in my native language... how can I do that?
You can write in English first and under them in your native language in the same box.
and if there isn't enough space for one more member, what can I do?
On the form says "If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete and submit it with your application." That is why I suggest you can create a Word document about it. Label it properly. On the Letter of Explanation you need to attach it and mention that you attached the document example Brothers/Sisters section of IMM5645 as the space for the form is not enough.
I mean... no need to print them out in papers? because some of them don't allow you to sign while you have to sign, so I'm planning to fill them out and print them in a PDF form and sign them using Adobe Acrobat.
If you are applying online, no need to print documents to sign by hand. When you submit the application it will ask you for a digital signature this means you need to type your name.
you mean I have to take a photo to it first and upload it with jpeg/jpg format? because I have it on my wallet, not on my computer
There is a proper specification for the photo. Please read the guidelines. If you don't follow them IRCC might ask you to re-upload your photo.
you mean... collecting all the pages in one PDF? it's okay here but how about if there is a form? should I just add other pages and pictures to it? like On the Travel History category for example?!
Collate means if all in all you have 10 pages, it should be saved in 1 file alone. You don't need to upload 1 file per page.
A form should be left alone. You cannot add pictures on it. As some forms requires validation.There is different category for the forms. It is different from the Travel History, Purpose, etc.
Another question, I have an ID that proves my residence in this county because I'm not in my home country...so into which category should I upload it?
Should be on Travel History. If you apply online, there are different categories where you need to attach documents. Per category there is a question mark (?) icon. Hover the mouse on it so you can see the possible documents per category.

Please read the guidelines on the website.

Last edited:

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
If you are applying online, no need to print documents to sign by hand. When you submit the application it will ask you for a digital signature this means you need to type your name.
Really? so if I upload a form, such as the form of Family members (IMM5645e), I don't have to sign in the signature places like in this picture:
https://6.top4top.net/p_137246na11.png
because the form doesn't allow me to sign...
So all forms will be signed just when I upload them?!!!

Collate means if all in all you have 10 pages, it should be saved in 1 file alone. You don't need to upload 1 file per page.
A form should be left alone. You cannot add pictures on it. As some forms requires validation.There is different category for the forms. It is different from the Travel History, Purpose, etc.
Okay, so On the Travel History, I have to upload two PDF files ... one for the IMM5562e form and the other for the stamps?! ... but you said I can just upload one file in each category.

How can you prove that you've been to a country for the past 10 years if you do not have an old passport with stamps on it to show? The copies of your visa, entry and exit stamps are your proof to the travels declared on the forms.
If no old passport, you can explain this on the letter of explanation. Mention that you lost your old passport, instead you have photos to prove that you travelled (this is an example).
they have their ways to know these things as I heard... but I may also do as you said.

another questions...
- how can I tell them that I have done the Biometrics a year ago so no need for it this time? (I have the small receipt of it but should I upload it? and where?)

-The form IMM5562e is locked and can't be saved after filling it up?! so should I just print it and upload it?

Last edited:

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Okay, so On the Travel History, I have to upload two PDF files ... one for the IMM5562e form and the other for the stamps?! ... but you said I can just upload one file in each category.
Are they not on 2 separate category? I mean travel history and the form imm5562e?

- how can I tell them that I have done the Biometrics a year ago so no need for it this time? (I have the small receipt of it but should I upload it? and where?)
How come you have one? Did you apply for a visa before? You need the UCI number to check the validity https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

-The form IMM5562e is locked and can't be saved after filling it up?! so should I just print it and upload it?
Really? so if I upload a form, such as the form of Family members (IMM5645e), I don't have to sign in the signature places like in this picture:
https://6.top4top.net/p_137246na11.png
because the form doesn't allow me to sign...
So all forms will be signed just when I upload them?!!!
>> You need to be consistent on how you fill up the forms. How are you going to upload these as you mentioned you don't have a scanner?

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Are they not on 2 separate category? I mean travel history and the form imm5562e?
Yes.

How come you have one? Did you apply for a visa before? You need the UCI number to check the validity https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery
Yes, I did, but how can I tell them that?

You need to be consistent on how you fill up the forms. How are you going to upload these as you mentioned you don't have a scanner?
It's an online application, so you don't have to scan anything... you can just download the forms from the official website of Canada and fill them out and save it and upload it to your account... you said by yourself that in the end when I want to submit the application they will ask me to just write my name or something like that?!

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Yes, I did, but how can I tell them that?
I believe there is a UCI Number per applicant. You can inquire at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
If you have it check here for the validity https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

It's an online application, so you don't have to scan anything... you can just download the forms from the official website of Canada and fill them out and save it and upload it to your account... you said by yourself that in the end when I want to submit the application they will ask me to just write my name or something like that?
You said "-The form IMM5562e is locked and can't be saved after filling it up?! so should I just print it and upload it?" This means your are considering to print, sign and upload. How are you going to upload? You need to scan the document right?
That is why I said you need to be consistent on how you fill up the forms.

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
I believe there is a UCI Number per applicant. You can inquire at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
If you have it check here for the validity https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery
It's still valid but how can I tell them that in my application?, I don't want to pay its fees again!

You said "-The form IMM5562e is locked and can't be saved after filling it up?! so should I just print it and upload it?" This means your are considering to print, sign and upload. How are you going to upload? You need to scan the document right?
That is why I said you need to be consistent on how you fill up the forms.
It doesn't need to be signed (there is no space for signing), so I will just print it as a PDF file after filling it out... and I can also sign it with adobe ACROBAT if needed.

I hope you may answer here if you Know the answer: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-it-okay-if-i-let-any-of-my-friends-or-relatives-to-help-me-upload-files-to-my-online-application.657589/

thanks!

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
It's still valid but how can I tell them that in my application?, I don't want to pay its fees again!
For sure once you submit your application they would know as you already have a record. The fact that you will also disclose that you were rejected before indicates you previously applied. If you still have a copy of your Biometric Information, it has the UCI number with a barcode.

How come you already know which forms to attach if it seems like you never finished the eligibility question?
Normally once you are done with the eligibility, that is the only time the categories (Travel History, Purpose,etc) and forms to be filled up will appear.

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
How come you already know which forms to attach if it seems like you never finished the eligibility question?
Normally once you are done with the eligibility, that is the only time the categories (Travel History, Purpose,etc) and forms to be filled up will appear.
It's for my son... He will complete his application alone but I will enter his account and application to see if everything is okay or not... and to transfer the money for his online application because he doesn't have a credit card or so on... and he's in a different country right now.