+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Graduate of 2017 with useless civil engineering degree

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
hi i did my graduation in civil engineer in 2017 since then i have been unemployed because of no interest in this field i have an inclination towards business and want to switch my career into business & management as quickly as possible , i was a looking for MBA from canada but cant study for GMAT now and its costly for me,, so i was looking for business management diploma in Canadian colleges , i am confused about which courses should i pursue from which college so that i have a chance of getting a good above average paying job, from 2017 till 2020 i have worked on my own startup for 6 months (it was food delivery app now shut it down) and worked as business development trainee for 3 months in edtech company (byjus) so i was not sitting idle for in these years so any help from you guys will be much appreciated as i hail from middle class family and willl be taking educational loan so i am doing pre search before taking any decision , TIA , i am waiting for any help in this regard hopefully thanks

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please don't bold select parts of your post in the future. Makes it much more difficult to read.

I assume you are asking about getting a job in Canada after you finish your studies. If so, a diploma will certainly not guarantee a good job in Canada after you finish your studies. A diploma is regarded as a lower level of study and generally doesn't have that much value for employers. If you're looking for an "above average paying job", you would want to take a Masters in Canada.

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
Please don't bold select parts of your post in the future. Makes it much more difficult to read.

I assume you are asking about getting a job in Canada after you finish your studies. If so, a diploma will certainly not guarantee a good job in Canada after you finish your studies. A diploma is regarded as a lower level of study and generally doesn't have that much value for employers. If you're looking for an "above average paying job", you would want to take a Masters in Canada.
i am confused about which course to choose for masters i mean which market has best job availability

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i am confused about which course to choose for masters i mean which market has best job availability
Right now the job market has crashed due to COVID-19 and it's really not possible for any of us to answer this question. I would recommend waiting until this situation has resolved and the economy has started recovering to research this.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Diplomas in general are useless in finding jobs and a diploma in business is even worse. Why? Cos anyone can do it. Success in business is correlated with brand. If you don't go to a top15 business school, forget about it.

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
Diplomas in general are useless in finding jobs and a diploma in business is even worse. Why? Cos anyone can do it. Success in business is correlated with brand. If you don't go to a top15 business school, forget about it.
So what you suggest me according to my profile and past experience ??

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
Can u suggest me some better fields which have scope and growth in coming future in canada ,, i am from engineering background graduated in 2017

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
So what I can tell you? It is not possible to have a cheap education and good prospects at the same time. You should look into Software Engineering with your background. They care less about education and more about what you can do.

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
Same with most other developer positions. Oracle Dev / Backend / iOS and Android
I have a graduation in civil engineering and all of the uni and colleges are looking for software related prior degrees or diplomas for admissions so i dont think that i have any chances with any masters or diploma in software related field and also with zero knowledge in programming ?

Last edited:

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
No brother , i appreciate your reply but its just , i will be taking a educational loan so i am researching well enough before taking a decision