+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A fresh flagpole postive experience

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
I just went yesterday at peach arch us/Canada border for work permit extension
I went usa side for attaining flagpole, they said we are closed until further notice then came back to Canada side they provide me same flagpole paper and I went into cbsa office, my lmia was essential services, the office ask only one question ,how do you find employer answer: jobbank, that it nothing else from file that saw just lmia and contract letter, so border is quick option I guess if someone looking for extension but lmia should be in essential services

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just went yesterday at peach arch us/Canada border for work permit extension
I went usa side for attaining flagpole, they said we are closed until further notice then came back to Canada side they provide me same flagpole paper and I went into cbsa office, my lmia was essential services, the office ask only one question ,how do you find employer answer: jobbank, that it nothing else from file that saw just lmia and contract letter, so border is quick option I guess if someone looking for extension but lmia should be in essential services
This is against all the rules so you got very lucky. Others have been told to apply online and told they aren't doing any flagpole.

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
This is against all the rules so you got very lucky. Others have been told to apply online and told they aren't doing any flagpole.
I don't know but in bc they are allowing the yellow flagpole paper usually given by USA side are now available at Canadian border office, it was not only me ,people were in lineups for extension

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't know but in bc they are allowing the yellow flagpole paper usually given by USA side are now available at Canadian border office, it was not only me ,people were in lineups for extension
It has been made very clear that flagpoling is not currently available. Surprised to hear that on that day people were not turned away.