+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few specific questions on inland quebec sponsorship

Romeo

May 14, 2013
Hello:

I am a Canadian citizen and I am sponsoring my Russian wife who has been living with me for the past year.

I just received the approval from CIC to continue the process by submitting an undertaking application to the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion. I have 4 specific questions regarding this stage of the process:

1) At the bottom of the form "paiement-an-dynamique - Credit card payment.pdf", it asks for information on the principal applicant. To whom are they referring here? Me of my wife. I am paying with my credit card.

2) Do I submit the form called "A-0527-AO-dyn_Declaration of authorisation.pdf" even if neither me nor my wife have been separated or divorced in the past? Do I submit with N/A filled out in all places or do I not submit it at all?

3) I am only sponsoring my wife. Am I correct in that I do not need to submit proof of my financial capacity (eg. Notice of assessment from income tax or the "financial capacity evaluation.pdf" form)

4) In the form "selection-famille-en-dyn - Application for SC.pdf" that is supposed to be filled out by my wife, in Section 3.1 does she enter my name and date of birth here?

Thank you very much for any information.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Romeo said:
1) At the bottom of the form "paiement-an-dynamique - Credit card payment.pdf", it asks for information on the principal applicant. To whom are they referring here? Me of my wife. I am paying with my credit card.
The applicants are the people immigrating. Since your wife is not bringing anyone else with her, she is the only applicant, so that would make her the principal one, too. You are not an "applicant" since you are the sponsor.

Romeo said:
2) Do I submit the form called "A-0527-AO-dyn_Declaration of authorisation.pdf" even if neither me nor my wife have been separated or divorced in the past? Do I submit with N/A filled out in all places or do I not submit it at all?
On the checklist (A-1520-BA), it says, "If you are divorced or separated, or if you have children from a previous union, you must complete and sign this form." If you're not divorced or separated, don't submit this form.

Romeo said:
3) I am only sponsoring my wife. Am I correct in that I do not need to submit proof of my financial capacity (eg. Notice of assessment from income tax or the "financial capacity evaluation.pdf" form)
For sponsoring a spouse, you do not need to prove financial capacity.

Form the Sponsor's Guide: "If you are sponsoring your parents, grandparents or a minor orphaned child, or if the dependent child you are sponsoring has a dependent child, your undertaking application is subject to an examination of your financial capacity." A spouse is none of those people, so you can ignore the part about financial capacity.

Romeo said:
4) In the form "selection-famille-en-dyn - Application for SC.pdf" that is supposed to be filled out by my wife, in Section 3.1 does she enter my name and date of birth here?
You are not "accompanying" her, because you are already a Canadian citizen. We put "N/A" in the four places where it asked for names, left the sex and date of birth blank, and checked "No" for "Is this person accompanying you to Quebec?" The CSQ was approved, so I guess we did it right.

Romeo

May 14, 2013
Hi thank you for all your replies. Once you got the CSQ approved, where exactly did you send it?

Also I'm beginning to wonder why I never chose to apply INLAND. My spouse is already living with me in Canada on a visitor visa so of course it's natural to think apply INLAND. But it seems based on reading here that many people who already live in Canada still apply using OUTLAND and end up with much faster processing times. So why does anyone choose INLAND?

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Theoretically, Quebec should inform the appropriate processing office for the country you are emigrating from that your CSQ has been approved, but we ended up sending a scanned copy to the case processing office by email.

Once you have applied inland, you generally will be able to stay in Canada until the application is approved or denied, but you can't leave Canada without the risk that you won't be let back in and then your application would be considered abandoned. Theoretically, you could receive a work permit on an inland application much faster than the total application processing time, but if the case processing centre that does applications for your country or region is fairly fast, it will be faster to apply outland. There are big differences in processing times, depending on which country you are from.