File Transfer...
Apr 28,2014
Med's Request
Apr 9,2014
Med's Done....
Apr 10,2014
Passport Req..
Aug 28,2014
My spousal sponsorship is still in process and I decided to move to Calgary this sept to stay with my husband,on the other hand,no matter how the process is,I will stay there and wait for my PR done.

I have a few questions now

I will bring my cat with me in sept,but I heard if my PR is not issued yet,I cant really"land" canada,a return ticket is needed ,otherwise they will consider i am intended to stay illegally,if that's true then I should bring my cat along or they will suspect I will stay illegally?

Second thing,I contacted some cargoes here,as they told me I have to clear customs in VANCOUVER customs instead of calgary,is that true?So i have to drive 9 hrs to Vancouver from Calgary to clear customs since the agent said we cannot clear customs in calgary.

Thanks for helpling :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Heroine said:
My spousal sponsorship is still in process and I decided to move to Calgary this sept to stay with my husband,on the other hand,no matter how the process is,I will stay there and wait for my PR done.

I have a few questions now

I will bring my cat with me in sept,but I heard if my PR is not issued yet,I cant really"land" canada,a return ticket is needed ,otherwise they will consider i am intended to stay illegally,if that's true then I should bring my cat along or they will suspect I will stay illegally?

Second thing,I contacted some cargoes here,as they told me I have to clear customs in VANCOUVER customs instead of calgary,is that true?So i have to drive 9 hrs to Vancouver from Calgary to clear customs since the agent said we cannot clear customs in calgary.

Thanks for helpling :)
I suspect that you have already identified one weakness in your plan. Bringing a family pet on "vacation" is likely to pose serious questions. Also, if you send all your worldly possessions up as cargo before landing as a PR, a) they will suspect that you are "moving" to Canada and don't intend to leave, b) you will be charged duty on all your cargo. You will not benefit from the customs duty exemption for "settlers" or "returning residents".

In my humble opinion, your plan is likely to cause you serious problems. Until you "land" as a PR, you can "visit", but nothing more.

Heroine

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 11,2014
AOR Received.
Apr 9,2014
File Transfer...
Apr 28,2014
Med's Request
Apr 9,2014
Med's Done....
Apr 10,2014
Passport Req..
Aug 28,2014
zardoz said:
I suspect that you have already identified one weakness in your plan. Bringing a family pet on "vacation" is likely to pose serious questions. Also, if you send all your worldly possessions up as cargo before landing as a PR, a) they will suspect that you are "moving" to Canada and don't intend to leave, b) you will be charged duty on all your cargo. You will not benefit from the customs duty exemption for "settlers" or "returning residents".

In my humble opinion, your plan is likely to cause you serious problems. Until you "land" as a PR, you can "visit", but nothing more.
thanks for your reply

can i still use my husband's name as a recipient for my cargo shipment?Also,should I need to go to Vancouver to clear custom?Can I do it in Calgary?

One more thing should let u guys know,im thinking if its ok if i bring my cat with me and saying my PR application is in process?cos...last time we just married in Vegas and back to Calgary,we go thru custom together under one custom declaration paper,my husband claimed me as his wife,and we were taken to the custom office and the officer said they took us there because it seems im intended to stay in canada illegally and they asked for our marriage cert.

My husband showed him and he said congratulations to us,he said he will still give me a 6 mths visa,and he said nx time i can copy our marriage cert with my passport n go thru customs,and he said i can stay in canada too just before the visa is expired i need to go to somewhere like Montana and come bk for another 6 months visa,tell them my PR is in process and show them the marriage cert.

Thats why i have a thought if i can use the same method and bring my cat with me in Sept

Im also interested to know how about those people apply their PR inland?Can they also ship they belongings by cargo and how do they clear customs?

thanks

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heroine said:
thanks for your reply

can i still use my husband's name as a recipient for my cargo shipment?Also,should I need to go to Vancouver to clear custom?Can I do it in Calgary?

One more thing should let u guys know,im thinking if its ok if i bring my cat with me and saying my PR application is in process?cos...last time we just married in Vegas and back to Calgary,we go thru custom together under one custom declaration paper,my husband claimed me as his wife,and we were taken to the custom office and the officer said they took us there because it seems im intended to stay in canada illegally and they asked for our marriage cert.

My husband showed him and he said congratulations to us,he said he will still give me a 6 mths visa,and he said nx time i can copy our marriage cert with my passport n go thru customs,and he said i can stay in canada too just before the visa is expired i need to go to somewhere like Montana and come bk for another 6 months visa,tell them my PR is in process and show them the marriage cert.

Thats why i have a thought if i can use the same method and bring my cat with me in Sept

Im also interested to know how about those people apply their PR inland?Can they also ship they belongings by cargo and how do they clear customs?

thanks

Thanks
Yes, your husband can be the recipient of your cargo shipment. He can enjoy duty free of those goods as long as he lived outside Canada for at least one year and those goods were used by him for at least six months.

Whether or not you can clear the customs in Calgary and bringing the cat in Sept, you should contact CBSA for details.