+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few clarifications

mrsmyle

Apr 1, 2009
I just had my application for sponsorship returned to me, apparently, I missed out on a couple of things.

First, they pointed out that each family member should have those 9 small pictures attached in the application. I am only sponsoring my wife, and we do not have children, so I would assume that I just needed to submit pictures of my wife, right? I am the only other member of our family (not counting parents and siblings), but since I am already a resident of Canada, I no longer have to attach those small pics of myself, right? The only reason why I think they pointed this out is I did not put the pics in an envelope and label one of the pictures? What do you think?

They also told me I had to attach form IM1017 of my wife's medical check. Will this be given by the DMP after she has her checkup? She will be having her checkup in the Philippines, from experience, how long do you think they give out this paper? Do they give it the day after the exam or the day itself?

Thanks in advance, and good luck to all of us!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mrsmyle said:
I just had my application for sponsorship returned to me, apparently, I missed out on a couple of things.

First, they pointed out that each family member should have those 9 small pictures attached in the application. I am only sponsoring my wife, and we do not have children, so I would assume that I just needed to submit pictures of my wife, right? I am the only other member of our family (not counting parents and siblings), but since I am already a resident of Canada, I no longer have to attach those small pics of myself, right? The only reason why I think they pointed this out is I did not put the pics in an envelope and label one of the pictures? What do you think?

They also told me I had to attach form IM1017 of my wife's medical check. Will this be given by the DMP after she has her checkup? She will be having her checkup in the Philippines, from experience, how long do you think they give out this paper? Do they give it the day after the exam or the day itself?

Thanks in advance, and good luck to all of us!
1. Just pictures of the spouse.
2. The DMP will give her a copy of the IMM 1017 the same day as the examination.

PMM

mrsmyle

Apr 1, 2009
Great! Thanks for the clarification... Wonder what they were complaining about the pictures, size? the fact that I was not able to label them? Any ideas?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mrsmyle said:
Great! Thanks for the clarification... Wonder what they were complaining about the pictures, size? the fact that I was not able to label them? Any ideas?
Probably size, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3905e.pdf appendix B.

Photos: Ask a photographer to provide you with a set of photos of yourself and each of
your family members included in your application, whether they will be accompanying
you or not. The required number of photos for each individual is indicated at Appendix A,
under PHOTOS. Photos must comply with specifications given at Appendix B, Photo
Specifications. Make sure you give a copy of these specifications to the photographer.
· On the back of one photo (and only one) in each set, write the name and date of birth
of the person appearing in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.
· Enclose each set of photos in separate envelopes. Write the family member’s name,
date of birth and relationship to you on the corresponding envelope and close the
envelope with a paper clip.
· Photos must not be stapled, scratched, bent or bear any ink marks.

PMM