Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Dear all, a couple of quick questions please:

1. What is the skill type of NOC-7216? Well, I believe it's B. But for a skill type-B, one should have a college or vocational education or apprenticeship training but I have a university degree. Also the Nature of Education/ Training required for this skill type is:

Two to three years of post-secondary education at a community college, institute of technology or CEGEP
or
Two to five years of apprenticeship training
or
Three to four years of secondary school and more than two years of on-the-job training, specialized training courses or specific work experience.
Occupations with supervisory responsibilities and occupations with significant health and safety responsibilities, such as firefighters, police officers and registered nursing assistants are all assigned the Skill Level B.

as per http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Tutorial.aspx#8

but I have a university degree and my job description exactly matches with the job description of NOC-7216.
I have read at various threads that all that matters is one's job description (keeping in mind that my qualifications are higher than those required for this NOC). In addition, I visited a consultant a couple of months back; he had the same to say! But having read the above description, I've become a little doubtful! Ain't the job description all that matters??

2. My spouse is going to accompany me. Can I show her account as a proof of funds or is it mandatory to show only my own bank account??

Thanks in advance!

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
1. See OP6
It says officers must
not take into account whether the applicant meets the “Employment requirements” description
set forth in the NOC for the occupation(s) listed (R80(3));

2. Yes, your spouses account is okay from what I have read on this forum.

Good luck.

ammaartahir said:
Dear all, a couple of quick questions please:

1. What is the skill type of NOC-7216? Well, I believe it's B. But for a skill type-B, one should have a college or vocational education or apprenticeship training but I have a university degree. Also the Nature of Education/ Training required for this skill type is:

Two to three years of post-secondary education at a community college, institute of technology or CEGEP
or
Two to five years of apprenticeship training
or
Three to four years of secondary school and more than two years of on-the-job training, specialized training courses or specific work experience.
Occupations with supervisory responsibilities and occupations with significant health and safety responsibilities, such as firefighters, police officers and registered nursing assistants are all assigned the Skill Level B.

as per http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Tutorial.aspx#8

but I have a university degree and my job description exactly matches with the job description of NOC-7216.
I have read at various threads that all that matters is one's job description (keeping in mind that my qualifications are higher than those required for this NOC). In addition, I visited a consultant a couple of months back; he had the same to say! But having read the above description, I've become a little doubtful! Ain't the job description all that matters??

2. My spouse is going to accompany me. Can I show her account as a proof of funds or is it mandatory to show only my own bank account??

Thanks in advance!

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Thanks a lot Maaties! :) Pls do pray! God bless you!

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
by the way, the Employment requirements that i talk about comes from the 7216 page and not from the link that you showed.
However, i still believe, it wouldn't matter in your case. They talk of those requirements in general but different countries will have different rules. what matters is that you have done the job duties. Of course, one cannot claim to be a medical doctor without having a medical degree

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Maaties said:
by the way, the Employment requirements that i talk about comes from the 7216 page and not from the link that you showed.
However, i still believe, it wouldn't matter in your case. They talk of those requirements in general but different countries will have different rules. what matters is that you have done the job duties. Of course, one cannot claim to be a medical doctor without having a medical degree
You're absolutely right! But in my case, I have higher qualifications than those required for the same job! If actual experience is the requirement, it matches with that given in the NOC description.
Pls pray for me! :)

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
rupeshdesai said:
Hi,
i am also applying under 7216 ??
what kind of work exp u have

Regards
Rupesh
Well, I am a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer and have been working he last 3 years supervising Industrial Equipment maintenance jobs in a fertilizer plant. What about your rupeshdesai??