08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Hi all,

I finally have my CoPR in my hands!!!! I am so happy! I just have a couple of questions for all you fine people:

1. It says "Prov. of dest.: ON" and "City of dest.: Niagara Falls." I believe at some point I indicated interest in moving there, although those are no longer my plans....I plan to move to Calgary now. Does this mean I have to enter the country through Niagara Falls?
2. The CoPR has a watermark saying "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL." Is this normal? I'm guessing this just means that I can't use it to re-enter the country once I land....I'd need either my PR card or a PRTD. Am I right?

Thanks in advace ;D

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
VictorCA said:
Hi all,

I finally have my CoPR in my hands!!!! I am so happy! I just have a couple of questions for all you fine people:

1. It says "Prov. of dest.: ON" and "City of dest.: Niagara Falls." I believe at some point I indicated interest in moving there, although those are no longer my plans....I plan to move to Calgary now. Does this mean I have to enter the country through Niagara Falls?
2. The CoPR has a watermark saying "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL." Is this normal? I'm guessing this just means that I can't use it to re-enter the country once I land....I'd need either my PR card or a PRTD. Am I right?

Thanks in advace ;D
1. If you applied for PR without Ontario nomination, you can land at any province except QC. If you have been nominated by Ontario, it is better to land at province of nomination.
2. It is not valid for travel. It means you can't use CoPR for travel w/o (or instead of) travel document (i.e. w/o visa, ETA, PR card or PRTD).

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
pfse said:
1. If you applied for PR without Ontario nomination, you can land at any province except QC. If you have been nominated by Ontario, it is better to land at province of nomination.
2. It is not valid for travel. It means you can't use CoPR for travel w/o travel document (i.e. w/o visa, ETA or PR card).
Oooh okay, thank you, pfse. Yes, I applied without nomination, so I'll land in Alberta :) and that makes a lot of sense about needing a travel document along with the CoPR.

Thanks again!