+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A comprehensive list of threads that this forum doesn't need.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello everyone,

I am aware that some people will say this post is superfluous or unhelpful, however, take it from someone who went through this whole PR process, from setting up an EE profile all the way to landing, and who spent many hours on this forum.

I am not sure if anyone will listen to this, but I thought, I'd give it a try.

This forum is supposed to help people, to answer questions, to share know-how. How does this happen: People who went through the process share their experience with people who are new to the process and have questions.

As said, I am done with the process. I would love to help people out with their questions, but truth be told: You're not making it easy.

From a perspective of someone who wants to help, here is a list of things that this forum doesn't need:

Another thread that guesses the time or score of the next ITA round

No. One. On. This. Forum. Can have any idea what the next score is going to be. Threads like "Let's guess the score of the next round" or "When do you think the score will fall below XYZ points?" are helping no one and inherently pointless. They either give forum members false hope or they unnecessarily demotivate them. The actual helpful information in these posts can be condensed to this:

Check if you can improve your score somehow and do it. Look at past scores to get an idea. And most importantly: If you take the points of the last two draws, add them and take the square root, then divide it by the number of CEC applicants and multiply it with the current FSW point threshold, you get a number. But that number contains no information whatsoever.

If the 20th draw is due but hasn't happened yet and you post a thread with the title "20th draw! 445 points!" (containing another guess), I hope you're happy that you gave several forum users a heart attack and then a huge bucket of disappointment. Don't do it.

Another person that walks through random threads and asks every single poster "What is your timeline?"

Individual timelines are of no help. They don't give you any information. The only useful source are these Excel/Google spreadsheets of candidate's timelines (big shoutout to those who administer them, great work!). They give you a big picture. Believe it or not, all our cases are individual. It's like asking one person how old they are to get an idea how old everyone is. If you see that fifty people had to wait on average for X days from Decision Made to PPR, that is valuable information. If you see that John Doe had to wait for only 12 hours to get his PPR, that only demotivates people or makes them nervous if they don't get a PPR within 12 hours as well.

Use one thread to collect the timelines and organize spreadsheets. Don't flood the forum with timeline requests. And no, just because someone else applied from the same postal code as you and happens to have a passport that was issued on a prime numbered day JUST LIKE YOURS, that doesn't mean he will get his AOR on the same day as you do.

People with hearsay "insider info"

If someone posts of some insider information saying that the ITA score will go down/CIC will change the rules tomorrow, that has one of the following reasons:
- The author of the post is naive
- The author of the post wants attention
- The author of the post is intentionally lying (for whatever reason)

If someone posts that he heard from his lawyer that some colleague of his talked to someone who once was in the same starbucks with a CIC employee and he said that the ITA score is going down soon: Ignore it. If the EE program is getting changed, you will read it in publications of the Government of Canada, on political party websites (right now: The Liberal Party) or - just before implementation - on the CIC website.

Another thread that connects people with a constructed "connection"

There definitely is very useful threads, like "People applying from country X, connect here" (since you have the same paperwork struggles) or "People who prepare an Ontario nomination application, connect here" (since you have similar hoops to jump). But:

Please don't make another thread like "People who's score is between 487 and 492 and had to wait for more than 23 days between application and AOR, connect here". This (falsely) suggests random correlations of different facts that you just made up. It'll turn into another thread that tries to guess the secret scheme/strategy that CIC applies to choose which applications get processed first. If your application goes some days slower than someone elses, most likely your CIC agent is on vacation or actually is just a slow worker. I highly doubt that he decided: "Oh, look, these two applications have the same score range, I'm gonna put them in the same pile, right next to the tall-people-pile".

Closing remarks

I'm sorry if this post sounds a bit like a rant. But I thought I'd give it a try before I just leave this forum instead of helping people out. I think I have a decent amount of knowledge to share. I haven't made that many posts but the ones I made seemed to be helpful. But I don't think I'll keep up with this if I continue to have to scroll through all these pointless "crystal ball gazing" posts again, and again, and again.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The post had to sound like a rant. It is important so that everyone makes sure he remembers it before doing one of these mentioned points.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I tend to agree with you! +1

But until there are visible forum moderators here who actively set the rules, warn offending users, and delete offending threads, they can't really be enforced. So for now, it's basically a free for all.

Reactions: iamxty

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
This would make a good IELTS essay! ;D

Reactions: sam3218

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I know EXACTLY what spyfy means!

Take a look at the below post :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/21st-draw-20th-november-scores-might-drop-t382906.0.html;msg4788763#msg4788763

The user manpreetdhindsa15 has pointed out the list of threads created by a infamous member "bestofluck". Why do we need all these threads? Would one thread not suffice?

spyfy, +1 for the post :) .

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
bellaluna said:
I tend to agree with you! +1

But until there are visible forum moderators here who actively set the rules, warn offending users, and delete offending threads, they can't really be enforced. So for now, it's basically a free for all.
This. +1 to OP.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well i may agree but does it really matter? Everyone here has right to post express entry related topics and we can chose to either read it or ignore it. People are usually worried about their processing time and they come here to get some solace which invariably help them break the stress factor. Unless someone is posting a very derogatory post, thats a different thing and should be stopped by all means, other than that, i personally beleive that everyone has right to ask or create threads that could help him/her through the PR process.

"The most silly question is the one that has never been asked."

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
StAnger said:
Well i may agree but does it really matter? Everyone here has right to post express entry related topics and we can chose to either read it or ignore it. People are usually worried about their processing time and they come here to get some solace which invariably help them break the stress factor. Unless someone is posting a very derogatory post, thats a different thing and should be stopped by all means, other than that, i personally beleive that everyone has right to ask or create threads that could help him/her through the PR process.

I applaud this line of thinking. Thank you for stating this pov. I agree with it.

I think OP and the others are highlighting the tendency of some posters to do zero research before creating threads (basic search may yield some of the answers we may be seeking). Among other issues. Best wishes to bestofluck. :p

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
StAnger said:

Stranger,

I respect your opinion but don't you think it is prudent to do some research before creating threads (and that too prediction threads) ? When one or two prediction threads might be okay, spamming the forum with such "prediction" threads is definitely objectionable. IMHO, we are are in the process of immigrating here and we are all burnt out in the process. Creating more and more threads on the same topic will only make it more difficult for members to search and get an answer.

I sincerely appreciate your effort of helping others on the forum. Keep up the good work!

Good luck and all the very best!! :)

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Simple solution is a separate section titled "Guesswork" :p

Honestly, its not an easy task to wade through useless posts. That being said, I usually look for trusted opinions from Raj, OP, StAnger, etc (you know who you are)

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone once said :D- It's like posting banana bread recipes in a car repair forum.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canada-accepting-syrian-refugees-is-this-good-or-bad-for-this-country-t384528.0.html

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well said. +1 for you.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thanks for the feedback so far! I'm happy that I don't seem to be the only one.

About this post:
StAnger said:

I get your sentiment and having gone through the process I know what you mean with the stress factor. However, as someone else already pointed out, it is not that easy to work your way through the forum with all these posts. I wouldn't mind if they made a different section "Guesswork and Waiting" as someone already suggested. There, people can write what they want but it doesn't mix with all the "hard fact" questions. For me, the foremost job of this forum is to help people with useful information. The purpose of a "therapy forum" for impatient people is secondary (But I understand the sentiment). I did the same thing while waiting: Checking this forum and reading all the guesswork. In retrospect, my wait of 4 months would've been way more enjoyable if I hadn't had all that guesswork at my disposal.

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
+1 from me too. This is really important keep this forum clean and the important information quickly accessible.