+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A certified true copy of your degree (OOPNP)

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hows it going folks?

I've been rumbling around and collecting information about this particular document, "a certified true copy of your degree granted from an academic institution in Canada" and it has been driving me crazy for the past few days. :D

I called my university (the registrar's office, specifically) and they told me that they offer a "parchment replacement" (the actual diploma, or rather a replacement for it in the event it has been stolen or lost) or a "letter of confirmation about the degree I've earned".
None of these two is a "certified true copy", although I was told by the registrar's office that the "parchment replacement" will do the trick.

Will some of you good people shed some light on what is the next thing that I would do?

Thank you in advance! ;)

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called Opportunities Ontario. They told me that I can bring my diploma to a notary and the notarized photocopy will suffice.

Thanks for the reply! :)

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am suffering the same issue plus the second point states that we need to send a sealed envelope containing our transcripts which we need to send in our package from our side not from university side.

So i am going to get a photocopy notarized from a notary and sign it myself saying "certified true copy"

secondly i ordered my transcripts from university via courier, it will come to my home and i will packaged these things in education.

is this correct way ?

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
intensecool said:
Hi,

I am suffering the same issue plus the second point states that we need to send a sealed envelope containing our transcripts which we need to send in our package from our side not from university side.

So i am going to get a photocopy notarized from a notary and sign it myself saying "certified true copy"

secondly i ordered my transcripts from university via courier, it will come to my home and i will packaged these things in education.

is this correct way ?
Hi,
Regarding notarization: The notary will see your original and sign the copy as certified true copy. Please do not sign it yourself.
And yes, you can order your sealed University transcripts at home, and include them in the package.
PS I suppose you are including these for your Canadian education, as for foreign credentials you do not need to provide 'certified true copies' - just ECA and certificates.
Hope this helps!

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
velveteen said:
Hi,
Regarding notarization: The notary will see your original and sign the copy as certified true copy. Please do not sign it yourself.
And yes, you can order your sealed University transcripts at home, and include them in the package.
PS I suppose you are including these for your Canadian education, as for foreign credentials you do not need to provide 'certified true copies' - just ECA and certificates.
Hope this helps!
Yes, DO NOT SIGN BY YOURSELF. Take the original and a photocopy to the notary public. He/She will sign and stamp it. It will cost between $30 and $40. This applies to only Canadian diploma and/or degree.