+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Canadian baby for Foreign parents.

AhmedHamdiMansi

Jul 31, 2014
My wife and I got a Canadian baby while studying M.Sc. in Canada, then we left for PhD in Europe.
Now, the baby is almost 3 years, and we would like to register her for a School in Canada;
1- How can we do that? What are the procedures?
2- What is the Visa type we should apply for?
3- For sure, if we would stay to support the baby, we have to work, ...
Can we benefit from this situation by applying for PR, ...

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Having a you child that is Canadian gives you zero benefits. You don't qualify for a visa just because you have a Canadian child and you also don't qualify for a visa just because you have a Canadian child.

If you want to qualify for either a visa or PR - you will have to qualify on your own, just like anyone else. Again, zero benefits from having a Canadian citizen child.

AhmedHamdiMansi

Jul 31, 2014
Thanks for the reply.
Can I apply for her to a school? because this is the priority and I can start my immigration application like anyone else.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
AhmedHamdiMansi said:
Thanks for the reply.
Can I apply for her to a school? because this is the priority and I can start my immigration application like anyone else.
not really much point applying for a school until you are in Canada, have you applied for the childs Canadian passport ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AhmedHamdiMansi said:
Thanks for the reply.
3 years old is too young for school. There is nothing to register her for at this time. You'll have to wait until she turns 4.

You will need to find someone to act as a guardian for your daughter in Canada (this is the person she will live with and who will take care of her since you and your spouse are not entitled to live in Canada).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AhmedHamdiMansi said:
My wife and I got a Canadian baby while studying M.Sc. in Canada, then we left for PhD in Europe.
Now, the baby is almost 3 years, and we would like to register her for a School in Canada;
1- How can we do that? What are the procedures?
2- What is the Visa type we should apply for?
3- For sure, if we would stay to support the baby, we have to work, ...
Can we benefit from this situation by applying for PR, ...

Thanks in advance.
As scylla has already told you, you do not gain any points from having a Canadian child.

If you want to send your child to pre school, she may be able to start at age 3 depending on when she turns 4. I found this info for Ontario:

Since the cutoff date in Ontario is December 31, this means that children can actually begin school in Junior Kindergarten when they are three years and eight months old. The next level up from Junior Kindergarten is Kindergarten.

If you would like your child to start junior kindergarten before you yourself have a visa to live in Canada, you would need to send her alone and appoint a guardian for her to take care of her while she is in Canada.

Otherwise, keep your child with you, apply for your immigration and move when you are ready. Your child can go to school where you are living whether it is in Canada or somewhere else.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AhmedHamdiMansi said:
Thanks for the reply.
At least the child don't need to register as international student and pay domestic fee.